Left Hand .375 Ruger M77 Hawkeye African

Alpo

AH member
Reaction score
Left Hand .375 Ruger Hawkeye African LNIB.
Bought for a hunt that never happened and will likely not in the future.
Comes with all original parts including box, manual, rings, muzzle brake, barrel weight?, and thread protector.
Bolt handle, extractor and ring have been Cerakoted in Houston to match rifle.
Pachmayr 1" pad plus the original red pad from Ruger.
Has been fired only 7 times.
Will include 1 full box of Hornady DGX and 1 box of Hornady DGS, less the 7 rounds.
Also includes 1 Hoppes 375 bore snake.
$1350.00
Would prefer to sell F2F but will ship at buyers expense.
Located 30 miles southwest of Houston, Tx.
IMG_20220804_092303847.jpg
IMG_20220804_092410472.jpg

Left Hand .375 Ruger Hawkeye African LNIB.
Bought for a hunt that never happened and will likely not in the future.
Comes with all original parts including box, manual, rings, muzzle brake, barrel weight?, and thread protector.
Bolt handle, extractor and ring have been Cerakoted in Houston to match rifle.
Pachmayr 1" pad plus the original red pad from Ruger.
Has been fired only 7 times.
Will include 1 full box of Hornady DGX and 1 box of Hornady DGS, less the 7 rounds.
Also includes 1 Hoppes 375 bore snake.
$1350.00
Would prefer to sell F2F but will ship at buyers expense.
Located 30 miles southwest of Houston, Tx.
View attachment 481005View attachment 481006
Folks, I realize I am a new member here and you may be suspect about this add.
Please feel free to contact me via PM, i will give you my phone and we can talk about the rifle if you are interested. Thanks.

No interest so far. I assumed I would be beating people off with a stick at this point. What did I do wrong here? Bad sales pitch? Price too low? No left handers out there? Feedback appreciated.

I'm a lefty, but I already have a Ruger Alaskan 375R ....
Price seems right for this!

I’ve got a right handed Hawkeye.375 Ruger, great dependable accurate rifle. If I was a lefty looking for a rifle in a medium bore I’d jump on it. However, it’s difficult to find brass and loaded ammo for it especially now unless you know where to look. There’s also the stories of “there is no .375 Ruger to be found in the entire continent of Africa”…….. which isn’t true but if it’s said enough times it becomes the truth…… not trying to rain on your parade. It’s a good rifle and a fair price. Hope you can sell it.

It’s also timing. Two weeks ago I’d have snapped it up because I did buy one off Gun Brokers. You are in the heart of “I want to go to Africa”. You’ve got Houston Safari Club, Dallas Safari Club, and a bunch of SCI chapters. Are you a member of any of them? Might see if any have a way to make your sale known. Good luck.

Thank you for your responses. I was concerned there was something in the add or my profile that was raising a flag. Something I could correct. I am going to presume that in time this add and the right person will cross paths. Again, thanks for the good feedback.

I have two shotguns I would be willing to trade if you're interested. Got a Winchester model 12 and a Browning Auto 5. PM for details if you're interested

I had hoped this rifle would find a home on this forum. I have receive no legitimate offers to purchase so I will post on alternate forums. Thanks for all the feedback.

Well poop. I need a LH donor for a 416 Ruger. This would have been perfect, but I just bought a new 9.3x62 for my son. And to top it off, we're practically neighbors. I live about a mile from the FBCSO off of Richmond Parkway.

Well it certainly is still for sale. That has not changed. I am just following AH rules and providing notice that it will be listed elsewhere as well.

Just bad timing for me is all. A bear hunt in Idaho with one son coming up in October, and a new gun and glass for my other son. I'm just tapped out for now.

Rifle deal never closed. Relisted for sale. Also have leupold vx3 1.5x5 scope with Warren rings for sale. PM if interested.

Rings are gone. The scope is actually a vx iii with box and flip up caps. $400 plus the cost of its ride to your destination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross