yhc

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, Germany, Austria, South Africa
My friends and I are on our way to South Africa today for our first safari!! There have been some challenges with flight cancellations, etc. but we are hoping for a smooth sailing henceforth.

Regards,

yhc

Smooth skies and straight shooting! Throw us some tidbits about your adventure.

From one Alaskan to another: best of wishes!!! I'm two weeks behind you. :giggle:

Have a great trip!

Good luck! Go get em!

Have a great trip, stay safe and report back when you can.

Thanks guys.

From one Alaskan to another: best of wishes!!! I'm two weeks behind you. :giggle:
@Tundra Tiger if you are flying Qatar Airways via SeaTac make sure you have at least 3 hours of lay over. It was painfully slow process to check in with Qatar. Alaska Airlines will have your checked bags routed to SeaTac only. You have to claim your bags the recheck them in.

Regards,

My friends and I are on our way to South Africa today for our first safari!! There have been some challenges with flight cancellations, etc. but we are hoping for a smooth sailing henceforth.

Regards,

yhc

Have a great trip!

Safe travels and hope you have a great time. My wife and I leave tomorrow for South Africa. No hunting this trip, just being tourists.

Regards,

yhc
look forward to your hunt report

Good luck and shoot straight. Will watch for your hunt report.

Thanks
Thanks guys.

@Tundra Tiger if you are flying Qatar Airways via SeaTac make sure you have at least 3 hours of lay over. It was painfully slow process to check in with Qatar. Alaska Airlines will have your checked bags routed to SeaTac only. You have to claim your bags the recheck them in.

Regard

Thanks guys.

Regards,
Thanks for the heads up. That is my situation too. Currently I am scheduled for 3.5 hours in Seattle.

Safe travels and hope you have a great time. My wife and I leave tomorrow for South Africa. No hunting this trip, just being tourists.
Would love to know how your tour portion goes. I am hunting this Aug followed by a delayed and not rebooked yet 14 days touring. Shark dive, penguins, Kruger. Wondering if tour portion is safe, open and OK to plan. Some up to date info after your tour would settle some issues.

MB

Glad to hear you’re on your way! Safe travels. I’m leaving Friday morning. Can’t wait.
Best of luck!

Regards,

I just flew Qatar via Seattle in April and that was not my experience. Alaska Air tagged my bags all the way to JNB. I did not have firearms, so that may have made a difference.
I had about 3:35 to make the connection and that was more than adequate. I did need to check in with Qatar at the gate for my boarding pass and that was incredibly slow but I was 3rd in line, so not a problem

Last edited:
I just flew Qatar via Seattle in April and that was not my experience. Alaska Air tagged my bags all the way to JNB. I did not have firearms, so that may have made a difference.
I had about 3:35 to make the connection and that was more than adequate. I did need to check in with Qatar at the gate for my boarding pass and that was incredibly slow but I was 3rd in line, so not a problem
@Milo and @Tundra Tiger yes I should have prefaced that one of the friends and I are traveling with our firearms. Since we are traveling with firearms we had to claim our bags in SeaTac and checked them back in with Qatar. One of the guys in my group who is not traveling with a firearm was checked in all the way through.

I am currently en route from Doha to JNB. Just a bit over 4 hours to go!! So far so good. Thanks for all your well wishes.

Regards,

Yhc.... Did you book your own ticket or go through a travel agent?

I am currently en route from Doha to JNB. Just a bit over 4 hours to go!! So far so good. Thanks for all your well wishes.

Good luck. It's going to be awesome!

Aim small miss small! You are going to have the time of your life and I am jealous!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois