Latest Rifle Build finally Arrived

@BnC 04 that’s a great looking rifle.

Just curious as to who worked on it and how long did it take? Did you build it yourself by any chance?

@BnC 04 that’s a great looking rifle.

Just curious as to who worked on it and how long did it take? Did you build it yourself by any chance?
The build took place in 3 different shops/states.
If i remember correctly from start to finish was approx 18 months.
I can only wish i had the patience to turn a blank into a proper stock. By the time i would be done all i'd have left is toothpicks...

BnC 04, What, when and where will you be hunting with this rifle?
Debating on leaving the Heym for next years trip to Africa and perhaps taking this one.
I feel its rightful maiden voyage should be to Europe. Austria or Romania to be exact but
will see what happens closer to mid year '22.

Been a long wait but as always, well worth it. I knew I wanted to start with a 98k action and after scratching around for a while, I found one I felt was worth building off of. Decided early that this rifle would be used as a stalking rifle and as such would only have iron sites and the bridge was to be left alone. Looking forward to getting out to the range and see how she does. Below are the details.

275 Rigby Erma Code 27 Date 1939 Action
Oberndorf contour 25" Douglas barrel
NECG front pin and rear fixed sight with 2 flip ups
Barrel stud
Stock blank was picked up at DSC in 2019 from Luxus

*Pictures will rotate once you open them up.

View attachment 437891View attachment 437892View attachment 437893View attachment 437894View attachment 437895View attachment 437896View attachment 437897View attachment 437898View attachment 437899
@BnC 04
Absolutely beautiful. Luxus has great wood from grade 1 upto museum quality. That looks like the exhibition grade. They are good to deal with and prices aren't bad for what you get. They provide the top end wood to the likes of Krieghoff, Blaser and Hymen
Bob

Well done @BnC 04, beautiful piece of work you have there. I really like the dark and light streaks in the wood to bring out the grain. Glad to hear you will be hunting with it and not relegating it to Safe Queen duties. Something that beautiful needs to see the outdoors. Cheers.

Been a long wait but as always, well worth it. I knew I wanted to start with a 98k action and after scratching around for a while, I found one I felt was worth building off of. Decided early that this rifle would be used as a stalking rifle and as such would only have iron sites and the bridge was to be left alone. Looking forward to getting out to the range and see how she does. Below are the details.

275 Rigby Erma Code 27 Date 1939 Action
Oberndorf contour 25" Douglas barrel
NECG front pin and rear fixed sight with 2 flip ups
Barrel stud
Stock blank was picked up at DSC in 2019 from Luxus

*Pictures will rotate once you open them up.

View attachment 437891View attachment 437892View attachment 437893View attachment 437894View attachment 437895View attachment 437896View attachment 437897View attachment 437898View attachment 437899
Beautiful! Curious with only iron sites yet in a longer shooting caliber what is your longest distance you feel comfortable shooting?

@BnC 04
Absolutely beautiful. Luxus has great wood from grade 1 upto museum quality. That looks like the exhibition grade. They are good to deal with and prices aren't bad for what you get. They provide the top end wood to the likes of Krieghoff, Blaser and Hymen
Bob
Hymen mate? I bet that is expensive these days!

Hymen Rifle Company: our rifles are tight, but they work in with time! Sorry, couldn’t resist

Eye candy, and with the closer spacing of the rear to front sights, you should be able to focus well even as the eyes get older. Take it on to Africa--not many rifles can say they were broken in that way! Makes me want to start a project with a couple of highly figured blanks I cut over 25 yrs ago, black walnut of course, but with the same streaks. You know you have root wood, turning into the main trunk--my favorite layout. And that stock finish can also be easily repaired when the time comes. Congratulations!

Beautiful! Curious with only iron sites yet in a longer shooting caliber what is your longest distance you feel comfortable shooting?
With the groups it's producing at 100 yards I see no issue with going to 200 if need be but will verify next range trip.

Hymen mate? I bet that is expensive these days!

Hymen Rifle Company: our rifles are tight, but they work in with time! Sorry, couldn’t resist
@Bullthrower338
I was having a senior moment with my spelling or may have been thinking of something else along the wife lines
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,