Late Season hunting in South Africa?

Thanks for posting this as it will help me out a bunch also.

The girlfriend and I can push our May 2020 hunt to Sept, Oct, Nov 2020, or anytime in 2021. We are going with Kuche Safaris, and I'd appreciate any advice you guys have. We are just doing plains game and it's our first safari. Feel free to PM me so I don't hijack this thread...

We were supposed to go to Bos en Dal mid May for 2 weeks for a change of scenery other than the EC for a change but this of course is doubtful at present time. November would be my only backup dates.

Hope you can make your hunt or rebook for later date. I am booked with Gerrit for my third trip with Bos En Dal for 14 days mid June. I hope it is settled by then. If not I will have to move to 2021 I am afraid. My work does not allow me to be off from August to December thats our busy time.

From what my outfitter has explained to me is that I should be fine traveling May 31st as long as I am able to get the newly required Visa and get a COVID-19 test showing negative (which is my main concern being that they won’t give a healthy person one here in Texas right now) I think the ban will lift within 30 days so the borders should be open but unsure how we will all provide this negative test with the low amount available unless maybe someone knows a doctor that can help you out which I do not. So that’s where I stand on the situation at this time

I keep hearing about this new Visa that we will need if we intend to travel to SA. Does anyone have anything that is confirmed or a link to where we can do some research? As many of us attempt to pick a date to reschedule, a time frame to acquire a visa may be something we need to take into consideration.

I'll be there in late September as well - fingers crossed. Counting down the days...

I keep hearing about this new Visa that we will need if we intend to travel to SA. Does anyone have anything that is confirmed or a link to where we can do some research? As many of us attempt to pick a date to reschedule, a time frame to acquire a visa may be something we need to take into consideration.
Outdoorbound - we are hearing the same thing about visa and health certificate but have not seen anything in writing yet............

Well, was scheduled to arrive in SA on July 19th, obviously plans have changed dang it. My question for the group is how many have hunted late season say, September, October or November? SAA is currently allowing those with purchased flights to re-book, with completed travel, before February 28, 2021. This leaves me in a weird spot. My scheduled trip is paid in full and with a fear of serious economic impacts to the SA region i'm seriously considering a late season hunt this year (If folks from the US are allowed in). Are there some members that have hunted late that wouldn't mind sharing their experiences so i can make a better educated decision. I have always hunted early season, Mid April to mid May and was wondering what the difference might be. Thanks in advance for information you can provide.

If possible I would suggest you reschedule for Sept/Oct sir. Weather is still nice and even if it rain the brush will not be thick overnight. Weather will be a little warmer than in June/July time frame but you will have longer hunting days as sun comes up earlier and go down later... ;-)

You will be trophy hunting so the females being pregnant will not have any affect on your safari!

We hope to welcome you to our beautiful country sooner than later sir! Praying for this whole deal to pass asap!

All my best,

Jacques

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!