Reaction score
Website
www.kwalata.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, PHASA, IPHA, DSC Life Member.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
Hi guys, I was notified this morning and decided that I would share this interesting bit of news.

“Gavin Dickson from Hluhluwe River lodge in KZN..lots of Porcupines there, as huge Pineapple Plantations.”

Gavin stated:” All the quills were in my legs and a few in my hands, that first impact is what put that deep one in my ankle. The craziest thing was the other one that came and tried to smoke me while I was lying in the dust. Really interesting that its mate would come and help it seems.”

I knew it!! Cycling is not good for your health!! Let’s hope for a speedy recovery!
My best always
Jaco
D472E916-74B4-4421-A49E-148F19AF8DFF.jpeg
B0E3C80C-D0EB-44AB-8607-EB55F6A95C5C.jpeg
BABBC1CC-F199-44E9-8D60-A8851D5C5E02.jpeg
8184F618-4C08-4020-B6BD-18358A6E71E4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of signs there warning of no walking, no getting out of you car to take a leak, caricatures of wild animal signs, etc.. SMH at this guy.

no_walking.JPG

Last edited:
That sucks, and I hope the guy recovers 100%.

However, that’s some level of hysterically funny. Cyclist gets jumped in the dark and assaulted by porcupines. Neighborhood so bad even the porcupines turn to crime…Seriously, how could you accidentally run into one? They’re huge!

In that reserve, one can come up on something that sees a bicyclist or hiker as lunch. I saw an elephant chase one of those crackerbox cars you see in RSA.

KZ_lion.jpg

Sorry, I'm not riding my bike anywhere on this road. Where does a lion keep his nuts warm? Anywhere he wants. Caution, rhino ahead.

P1130229.JPG

IMG-20180430-WA0002.jpg

When do porcupines go into rut?

@Hogpatrol I’m assuming a bi-cyclist is the new sexually politically correct term?? :ROFLMAO: ;):whistle:;);):ROFLMAO:
My best!
Jaco!

Hi guys, I was notified this morning and decided that I would share this interesting bit of news.

“Gavin Dickson from Hluhluwe River lodge in KZN..lots of Porcupines there, as huge Pineapple Plantations.”

Gavin stated:” All the quills were in my legs and a few in my hands, that first impact is what put that deep one in my ankle. The craziest thing was the other one that came and tried to smoke me while I was lying in the dust. Really interesting that its mate would come and help it seems.”

I knew it!! Cycling is not good for your health!! Let’s hope for a speedy recovery!
My best always
JacoView attachment 504732View attachment 504733View attachment 504736View attachment 504737

Shame you can't put his voice message on describing it....got sent it all by mate in sa last night....having 2 doctors arrive driving past was unbelievable coincidence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross