Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Here is a short youtube video of my Kyrgyzstan Ibex Hunt. This was my hardest and greatest adventure to date. No time for a full report at this time but I hope you like my video. Turn the sound up!
Regards,
Philip Glass

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 8.23.39 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, cant wait to see the report. :)

Enjoyed the video.

Congrats on a great MAI.

Look forward to reading more about it when you have a chance to post.

All the best.

Well done - great pictures. I hope to get there in the next few years to hunt Ibex. Who was your outfitter?

Cheers,
JWB300

I booked the hunt with ProfiHunt and they did a good job organizing everything for me. I was also in camp with Hunting Consortium clients and they rolled out the red carpet for them. It was a last minute booking and Profihunt made it all work. I just woke up one day in August and said I've done everything I planned to do in 2014 and I am out of here! So booked the hunt with ProfiHunt and booked the flights with Shawn at Gracy Travel and I was set to go. I flew November 1 from Midland-Houston-Istanbul-Bishkek. I promise I'll get off my duff and write a full report!
Regards,
Philip Glass

Great Video! Thanks

Great video, I'm looking forward to the report.

Thanks for posting! Looks like a fantastic hunt. I look forward to your report as well.....

Seems like a great hunt, congrats !

I booked the hunt with ProfiHunt and they did a good job organizing everything for me. I was also in camp with Hunting Consortium clients and they rolled out the red carpet for them. It was a last minute booking and Profihunt made it all work. I just woke up one day in August and said I've done everything I planned to do in 2014 and I am out of here! So booked the hunt with ProfiHunt and booked the flights with Shawn at Gracy Travel and I was set to go. I flew November 1 from Midland-Houston-Istanbul-Bishkek. I promise I'll get off my duff and write a full report!
Regards,
Philip Glass
How did your body do with the altitude on this hunt? I want to do this but question the altitude with this.

How did your body do with the altitude on this hunt? I want to do this but question the altitude with this.
I took the high altitude medicine and did very well, I was at 13,000’ for the first time in my life. The meds have two side effects. First of all they are a diuretic and make you pee a lot. I found this out pretty much immediately on the plane as you have to start it ahead of time. Then while drinking shots with some Russians, if that’s not a bad idea to start with, I found out it masks the effects of alcohol and next thing I knew I’d had too much!
I’ve heard all kinds of stories of people’s trips being ruined by high altitude sickness. I’d advise getting the meds before you go. Oh yea and don’t drink with Russians! That’s my advice.
Kyrgyzstan was one of my greatest adventures!
Have a great trip.
Philip

I am a total flat lander and altitude is hard on me. I was not sick as I took the Diamox but I was not in good enough shape and should have trained more. The first two days were terrible on me but it got better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg