Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Here is a short youtube video of my Kyrgyzstan Ibex Hunt. This was my hardest and greatest adventure to date. No time for a full report at this time but I hope you like my video. Turn the sound up!
Regards,
Philip Glass

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 8.23.39 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamondhitch

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.diamondhitch.webs.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
Nice, cant wait to see the report. :)

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Enjoyed the video.

Congrats on a great MAI.

Look forward to reading more about it when you have a chance to post.

All the best.

JWB300

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
ADA, SCI, SFP
Hunted
Australia, NZ, Canada
Well done - great pictures. I hope to get there in the next few years to hunt Ibex. Who was your outfitter?

Cheers,
JWB300

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I booked the hunt with ProfiHunt and they did a good job organizing everything for me. I was also in camp with Hunting Consortium clients and they rolled out the red carpet for them. It was a last minute booking and Profihunt made it all work. I just woke up one day in August and said I've done everything I planned to do in 2014 and I am out of here! So booked the hunt with ProfiHunt and booked the flights with Shawn at Gracy Travel and I was set to go. I flew November 1 from Midland-Houston-Istanbul-Bishkek. I promise I'll get off my duff and write a full report!
Regards,
Philip Glass

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Great Video! Thanks

huntermn15

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, AK SCI
Hunted
U.S.A. NJ, TX, AZ, AK. Limpopo and the Kalihari in South Africa. Eastern Cape RSA 2017.
Great video, I'm looking forward to the report.

Powdermaker

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada , Namibia, South Africa, Germany.
Thanks for posting! Looks like a fantastic hunt. I look forward to your report as well.....

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Seems like a great hunt, congrats !

cmnhunt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Nothing
I booked the hunt with ProfiHunt and they did a good job organizing everything for me. I was also in camp with Hunting Consortium clients and they rolled out the red carpet for them. It was a last minute booking and Profihunt made it all work. I just woke up one day in August and said I've done everything I planned to do in 2014 and I am out of here! So booked the hunt with ProfiHunt and booked the flights with Shawn at Gracy Travel and I was set to go. I flew November 1 from Midland-Houston-Istanbul-Bishkek. I promise I'll get off my duff and write a full report!
Regards,
Philip Glass
How did your body do with the altitude on this hunt? I want to do this but question the altitude with this.

Philip Glass

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
How did your body do with the altitude on this hunt? I want to do this but question the altitude with this.
I took the high altitude medicine and did very well, I was at 13,000’ for the first time in my life. The meds have two side effects. First of all they are a diuretic and make you pee a lot. I found this out pretty much immediately on the plane as you have to start it ahead of time. Then while drinking shots with some Russians, if that’s not a bad idea to start with, I found out it masks the effects of alcohol and next thing I knew I’d had too much!
I’ve heard all kinds of stories of people’s trips being ruined by high altitude sickness. I’d advise getting the meds before you go. Oh yea and don’t drink with Russians! That’s my advice.
Kyrgyzstan was one of my greatest adventures!
Have a great trip.
Philip

Philip Glass

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
I am a total flat lander and altitude is hard on me. I was not sick as I took the Diamox but I was not in good enough shape and should have trained more. The first two days were terrible on me but it got better.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

mbogo45 wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Appreciate your info and feedback, I looked at some European websites to try and get info on the value of this particular Steyr. Further input from you on it's value would be appreciated as you have a bunch of them. I assume you collect the Steyr Luxus for a reason ---they are a finely built rifle.
I’ll never hunt Africa, but give me please a Jack O’Connor hunt up high in the Canadian Rockies!
Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.