Kynoch (Kynamco) Quo Vadis..?

Pondoro

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
Does anyone know the status of this firm..? The owner, David Little, is getting old and the future seems a little unsure..?

I have used some of their modern ammo with good result... it even regulates in my old .475 double..!
Lots of nostalgia with this firm..would be sad to see it dissappear..

Last edited:
Hi guys :) I have used lots of Kynoch !
I have used 300 grain Kynoch Round nosed full metal jacket solids in my .375 HH Magnum Winchester Model 70 to take my second Australian Water Buffalo .
I needed two shots. My first shot was a heart shot . It broke the Brute's foreleg but it was not able to reach the thing's heart ( it distorted ) :( . My second shot was a Double Lung Shot . This one did him in :D He went 80 ( ish ) yards blowing blood from his nose and mouth , and dropped dead :)
These days however , l use Cutting Edge Monolithic meplat brass Solids in my two .375 HH Magnum rifles ( Winchester Model 70 and BRNO ZKK -602 ) .
I still have a stock of Kynoch Round nosed solid FMJ 225 grain bullets for my .350 Rigby Magnum Custom ZKK- 602 :).
They work very well for moose and l will use it for Eland next year .
As of July 2019 , they are still strong and active ! I ordered 300 gr Soft points for my .405 Winchester Model 1895 recently . Hope this helps .
Hoss

Last edited:
If the company really is closing down , then there is only one course of action :
I must buy every last box of .350 Rigby Magnum FMJ and soft nosed bullets they have left and stock pile !
Unless l learn Handloading fast , that's the only way l can keep this rifle going . :(
IMG_20190704_011809.jpg

Hoss, it will cost you about $1,500 to get into handloading. From there on, your cost per round is significantly less than the price of factory ammo. For the big bores, your savings from reloading less than 200 rounds will cover the all the initial costs.

Hoss, it will cost you about $1,500 to get into handloading. From there on, your cost per round is significantly less than the price of factory ammo. For the big bores, your savings from reloading less than 200 rounds will cover the all the initial costs.
I handloaded my first ammo ever yesterday :D
12 gauge 2 3/4 inch shells with Number 4 Buck . It was a Success !!!
Shootist43 , l can't thank you enough. Handloading is fun ! Will try for .405 Winchester soon :)

I would suggest that you try to reload something that the brass is cheap for, like 223 or 308 because your first time you will ruin some brass. I would also buy a stuck case extractor, that way when you stick one you won’t have to wait for it, I highly recommend hornandy one shot case lube, and don’t be afraid to use it.

May l ask two questions . Is this the same ICI Kynoch as from the colonial era ? And are they making twelve bore lethal ball cartridges again ? Any assistance is appreciated .

May l ask two questions . Is this the same ICI Kynoch as from the colonial era ? And are they making twelve bore lethal ball cartridges again ? Any assistance is appreciated .

No. David little has/bought the right to the name. He loads for the older nitro and slightly obscure calibres. Uses woodleigh softs and solids

To the poster : Spike T
Thank you for explaining. I see no shot-gun cartridges there unfortunately. I find it interesting that they list the magnum 458 even though it is an American calibre.

To the poster : Spike T
Thank you for explaining. I see no shot-gun cartridges there unfortunately. I find it interesting that they list the magnum 458 even though it is an American calibre.

Pleasure. Just keep giving us the odd story of hunting in India in the past :):D Beers:

My grandfather was a lieutenant colonel in the Indian army medical Corp before and possibly during second World war, and in England I can remember when I was bout 7 or 8 sitting on the arm of his big chair while he read to me about rikki-tikki-tavi , mowgli and other Rudyard Kipling stories to me......used to be entranced......but also possibly why I don't like snakes....:D

@Kawshik Rahman this is a thread I put on when I found some of the regimental plaques he had....I remember there were a lot more when I was young looking at them in his house

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/afghan-war-then.22741/

Last edited:
Pleasure. Just keep giving us the odd story of hunting in India in the past :):D Beers:

My grandfather was a lieutenant colonel in the Indian army medical Corp before and possibly during second World war, and in England I can remember when I was bout 7 or 8 sitting on the arm of his big chair while he read to me about rikki-tikki-tavi , mowgli and other Rudyard Kipling stories to me......used to be entranced......but also possibly why I don't like snakes....:D

@Kawshik Rahman this is a thread I put on when I found some of the regimental plaques he had....I remember there were a lot more when I was young looking at them in his house

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/afghan-war-then.22741/
Absolutely Spike T . Thank you for your kind words.
I dislike snakes myself . Unfortunately , the Indian cobra snake ( which we call ojogaar shaap ) is a common pest in Darjileeng . Sadly , they are a common pest in rural Bangladesh as well . They occasionally come into my tea garden during monsoon season when there is rain and they come from Moulvibazaar . When l was a Shikari , we would always carry a small vial of potash and a sterile razor blade as a precaution for snake bites . Alternatively the blade from a sharp pocket knife will work in a pinch , provided you run the blade through a flame or dip it in ethanol or hot water . A client gave me an Imperial Schrade pocket knife which l still carry after fifty two years . It has real ( non stainless ) steel like the kind used in those old folding razors which folded like pocket knives . You can get it as sharp as a razor on a flat stone . The ideal method of killing a snake is a charge of number 6 shot at it’s head . Then immediately stab the head with a knife as there is a rare chance that it is not dead fully.
As bad as snakes are , to me , the most evil creature in the world is the crocodile . While most animals will bite one to pieces or engage them with their horns , a crocodile is malicious and evil in it’s way of killing. They drag their prey into the water to drown them and will then quietly eat them in a hole somewhere . I shot many in my career , as did my former partner and l have a particularly bad experience with one when an American client wanted to shoot one in 1969 with a big revolver with a barrel at least half a foot in length. If only that revolver were as good as it were big .
He was a gentleman . However , his weapon was a foul one .
Crocodile heads can make two two bullets bounce off them unless your aim is correctly placed in the back of the head .
Also , l am thankful to Hoss Delgado for teaching me how to properly respond to each poster individually . Now l can properly follow the etiquette of this forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross