alimufti

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Pakistan Safari Club, Pakistan Game Fish Association, International Game Fish Association
Hunted
South Africa, British Isles, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kenya, croatia
Would I be able to get exceptional specimens of the following trophies in Kwazulku Natal?

- Kudu 55" plus
- Nyala 28" plus
- Bushbuck
- Common reedbuck
- Vaal rhebok
- Barbary Sheep

Please advise.

Cheers
Ali

Howdy sir!

The answer is yes.... not all in one place. You will move around a bit. Start in Drakensburg area the move to midlands to umkomas & so on. Absolutely Gorgeous area. I’d go back & hunt there again. Great areas for bushbuck, Bush pigs as well. Monster Eland in the mountains

I agree with @BWH it won’t happen in one place. Anything is doable in South Africa.

in Kwazulu Natal?

YES - Kudu 55" plus
CERTAINLY - Nyala 28" plus
They compete with Nyala, so you'll work for it.... - Bushbuck
CERTAINLY - Common reedbuck
Head to the border with Swaziland- Vaal rhebok

Head to the Eastern Cape - Barbary Sheep

Good luck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 07.01.50.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 07.01.50.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
Hunted there last year and saw very good quality animals.

Would I be able to get exceptional specimens of the following trophies in Kwazulku Natal?

- Kudu 55" plus
- Nyala 28" plus
- Bushbuck
- Common reedbuck
- Vaal rhebok
- Barbary Sheep

Please advise.

Cheers
Ali

Between the Umkumaas valley and foothills of Nottingham Road, Lotheni, and then further to Colenso, and Ladysmith you will find all except Barbery Sheep. I have personally hunted Rowland Ward specimens of all your mentioned animals, or know friends that have in this area. Mostly free range, so try forget about the tape measure.

Adrian Salter from Adroda Safaris is the man to speak to.

https://www.adroda.com

Closest for Barbary sherp will be some propies in the Free State.

- Kudu 55" plus
- Nyala 28" plus
- Bushbuck
- Common reedbuck
- Vaal rhebok
- Barbary Sheep

Please advise.

Cheers
Ali

Hello Ali,

Hope all is well with you. I have several areas we can hunt and Phil and BWH has hunted Natal with me.

I will mail you some options.

All my best,

Jacques

Reactions: BWH
Yes! There’s a report & lots of photos of that trip. Really great country. We covered a lot of ground!

KwaZulu-Natal, beautiful province.

Hunted there twice, you´ll find great animals, not sure about the Barbary Sheep.

You might give Aloe Africa Safaris a look. On my radar as an alternative to layover/plane change in Joburg being able to fly with Emirates directly into Durban.

Ive hunted africa 4 times and taken 50 plus trophies. Other than vaal rhebok have taken all the species mentioned above multiple times. I have never bothered with inches before and have been happy to take any mature animal.
There are certain species i simply enjoy hunting ie kudu, bushbuck etc but having shot a number of them now i am specifically interested in certain sized trophies and the challenge that goes along with hunting them. So i suppose i am looking for an outfitter who understands what im after given my previous experience.
So yes, this hunt is about finding certain sized trophies specifically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg