Kuiu problems

First time I ever heard of the brand was this year when a mate from Philly came to hunt some plains game with us. He is a Doctor so I guess he bought the high end stuff. By the end of the hunt he was rather keen on my 5.11 kit which he had never heard of!

my suggestion is take a hard look at "first lite" equipment. all the stuff i have bought is great, well thought out and their customer service is outstanding.

lots of our bear hunters show up in kuiu, looks like a fashion show!

I’ve not had an issue with kuiu customer service, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they are behind due to the current state of affairs.
I grew up hunting in blue jeans and any coat I could find. It worked, not very well. After my second compilation of camo and hunting clothing wore out I went all in on kuiu gear after handling some of it. I was looking for something that is the quality of Patagonia clothing and similarity light weight and good for extensive hiking. I have 4 years with the brand and am still very pleased with their product.
@fourfive8 you may be a bit overbroad in your scathing assessment of a brand you haven’t used. It sounds like some kid in a kuiu shirt was mean to you off in a bar once and it still chaps your hide. I’d suggest you try a few items, start with the merino wool.
one way to measure if something is good is if your kids borrow it and don’t give it back… I think kuiu, Sitka and first light all for that category.
Final note, I’ll have hunted 50 days in the gear this year alone, not including non-hunting scouting, etc. the last number of years have been the same number of days.

Kuiu customer service is usually pretty good. I have a buckle break on my pack (after owning the pack for 5 years and training hard for 14 months and going on a sheep hunt, it didn't owe me a thing), email them and asked what it would cost to get a new and I would like to order it. They sent me one for free within 2 weeks. I have had to return something and that did take a little longer but they got my money back. I have been really happy with them.

Kuiu has been a good purchase for me. I have plenty of complaints about it, as I do with most gear, but their Attack pants are my current go to gear. They manufacture in China. They were Sitka, now owned by Gore. The founder is a bit of a sad story. He played US football and suffered from and succumbed to the effects of blunt head trauma. He took his own life. The manner in which they distribute their products and the return process they use is a bit slow but it does work.

I have used KUIU products for several years now. I have never had any ordering difficulties and customer service has always been helpful helping me to select the proper clothing items for my specific hunts.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunate experience(s) with the company.

First time I ever heard of the brand was this year when a mate from Philly came to hunt some plains game with us. He is a Doctor so I guess he bought the high end stuff. By the end of the hunt he was rather keen on my 5.11 kit which he had never heard of!
I like 5.11 stuff. Seems to be durable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!