Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC
Hunted
South Africa (Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal both twice), Saskatchewan, Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas, Nebraska, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Mississippi
Any forum members have any comments about wearing their Kuiu gear while hunting in South Africa? Headed to the Eastern Cape again and have basically went to nothing but Kuiu gear for my hunts in Colorado. Concerned about the thorns and how well the clothing will hold up. I will be hunting in the mountains chasing Vaal Rhebok until hopefully successful! Then, in KZN for Oribi, red duiker and common reedbuck. Hope to get a crack at a blue duiker, as well.

Thanks,

Closest stuff I have seen to this gear is Sitka.

It stood up to all the abuse 6 weeks could give it.
Botswana thorns to KZN and then EC Vaalie hunting up high.

Lots of layers and handled it all with very little wear and tear.

If your gear is comparable it should do the trick.

Good thread. I will be wearing mine this year in Zimbabwe. I will have to wear some of my other stuff also, as there is a no camo policy in Zim. A lot of my Kuiu is camo :(
I have no doubts that it will perform , but would also love to hear from anyone who has worn it in Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,