Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well folks this is Mark’s Kudu. I apologize for the shadowing. Still trying to figure out the lighting in the new photo booth.
566D6B95-21FB-4FC0-B87B-BA8853D1856E.jpeg
32918D8D-0203-4796-8D4E-D01E27A131DD.jpeg
E4F8E431-B5EC-4BFC-AB2E-6289F793AAA2.jpeg
8C045032-C47F-449D-933B-2EFE3635635A.jpeg
3A2BBDB4-054A-4EFF-A509-18F5E996DC04.jpeg
10873A20-9E4B-475D-A88B-81C62E9A93FF.jpeg

Awesome stuff!

He looks awesome Eric!! Cant wait ti see him in person. I will definitely be making the drive up there when the Eland is done.

Great work buddy! Love the curls on that kudu!

Beautiful work!

Great work buddy! Love the curls on that kudu!
He’s a stud for sure. I haven’t measured him but I think Mark told me he went 58”. I believe it, you could drop a softball through his curls.

I’m a big fan of the wall pedestal mounts. I think it was a good choice for that kudu because the side view really lets you appreciate the length.

Great work Erik!

Great work Erik!
Thank you Royal, I’m going to re-photo it in the next couple of days and add some more light to get rid of the heavy shadowing in the shoulder/neck area. I’ve got 4 lights on it but the horns kept throwing a shadow on the left side of his neck at his shoulder. I really need an external flash I can move around. Who’d a thunk you needed to be a photographer to be a taxidermist. I’m super happy with the new photo booth though. You’ll have to come see it one day.

Looks excellent Erik!

OMG! first that is a stud kudu!!!! Second Eric you did a fantastic job on him! could you get some shots from the rear, im trying to wrap my mind around the wall pedestal and how the flat of the mount finishes.
Thanks again and congrats to hunter and taxidermist on a superb trophy!!

Fantastic work Erik!!

OMG! first that is a stud kudu!!!! Second Eric you did a fantastic job on him! could you get some shots from the rear, im trying to wrap my mind around the wall pedestal and how the flat of the mount finishes.
Thanks again and congrats to hunter and taxidermist on a superb trophy!!
Thank you sir, I will certainly do that. It’s as well as the wildebeest I finish’s out with a suede for the cut out. 99% of the time the capes are too short to wrap around and for what it’s worth, with few exceptions, I don’t like the look of the hide wrapped around. It depends greatly on the form, there are some that look fantastic that way but most don’t and to me give a feel that it was just wrapped around and stapled off to be done with it.

Show him my wildebeest, looks fantastic as a wall pedestal

Outstanding work very lifelike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg