BCD

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Middleton
Hunted
USA, Argentina-Patagonia, RSA, Spain
I have a nice 55" Kudu I collected in RSA/Limpopo in 2015. Even as a skull mount it doesn't fit in my house so well so it hangs outside on the back porch( we enjoy it there) protected from rain/direct sun but not the humidity of coastal South Carolina ...I can tell two years are starting to have it's effect ... question... what wax, oil or type of conditioner/care can apply to tines and skull to protect?

Thanks

IMG_7107.JPG
IMG_7109.JPG
IMG_7106.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
BCD. A light coat of WD-40. I have not personally used it but a buddy (taxidermist) has. I was pretty amazed of how it worked. Hope it helps.

I have heard of the WD40 use before but haven't done it myself. Given that it's outside I don't see why you couldn't give it a coat do polyurethane

Reactions: BCD
Yes for sure after the oil I would hit it with polyurethane. That I have used. Works great.

I spray can poly on a boar skull 3 years ago and still looks great

PS: live just outside Myrtle Beach if are in area or ever want to grab a meal and talk Africa. Taking first trip in '19

If I get up to Myrtle I will PM you
Cheers

BCD. A light coat of WD-40. I have not personally used it but a buddy (taxidermist) has. I was pretty amazed of how it worked. Hope it helps.
would you put on horns as well?
thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!