Kudu Pictures

498F0EB5-3AD5-40B6-9181-9F5745BD1D0D.jpeg

Always great to take a free range bull. Near Hwange, Zimbabwe. June 2021.

Kudu my son shot in the eastern cape a couple years ago. It was his first big game animal. He went on to shoot 9 more animals this trip and was treated like gold by the huntershill staff. Excellent time with my oldest son. Strengthened our bond and gave my boy a big lift of confidence. View attachment 388192Cherish this memory for the rest of our lives.

Amazing Kudu! looks like an awesome hunt

Makuya Game Park Greater Kruger

full

full

full

full

full

After coveting a kudu as far back as my late teenage years, I finally was able to go to Africa this past May and I harvested not one, but two. The one on the left was my first, taken about halfway through my hunt. The one on the right was my "management" bull. I spent the last several days trying to hunt while not seriously escalating my tab. I was offered the chance to look for a management bull and we made a whole lot of stalks that did not pan out before I shot this one, in the last minutes of daylight on my last day. I am completely chuffed over both of these, and can't wait to have them in my home. For what it's worth, I am a fan of the narrow, heavy, and tight curled look.
P1020163.jpg

My kudu is not the biggest one, but it's a very special one. It was the toughest animal we hunted, and my lovely wife is the one who spotted this kudu. The non-hunter spotted the kudu, go figure :ROFLMAO: She has only one volume, and she was so excited to see the kudu, that she was almost yelling kudu, kudu, kudu!!!! Thank God the kudu liked her voice and stayed long enough for the PH to give me the ok for me to shoot. BTW, she gave me strict orders that we were not leaving SA without a kudu. LOL.

AFRICA III.JPG

For me, having an animal mounted is more about the memory than the size. Oscar, that is a fun memory for both you and your wife! Well done @PARA45

For me, having an animal mounted is more about the memory than the size. Oscar, that is a fun memory for both you and your wife! Well done @PARA45

Oh, and it get even better. After the shot the kudu took two steps and collapsed, I’m in the process of reloading when out of the corner of my eye I see my wife running towards the downed kudu. My PH and I looked at each other and had that “yikes” moments. We both took off after her and stopped her before she got close to the kudu. I explained to her how dangerous it was to approach a down animal. I don’t believe she her a word I said, she wanted to touch the downed kudu, and I believe she more excited than anyone in Africa that day. LOL!!!! I had never seen anyone react like to an dead animal :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Oh, and it’s her kudu. LOL!!!!

An accurate rifle. A load that performed as expected. A near obsessive amount of practice.

And a lifetime memory. (7/2021)

20210720_174507 (2).jpg

Found this dandy again this morning a long time client/friend from Ohio. We had been tracking a group of Dugga boys for about 3 miles when Joe (tracker) spotted this bull on the bank of the Lugenda.
Not a norm in Niassa by any stretch of the imagination, which made it even sweeter!!
My best
Jaco

8DD57167-E2D8-4740-B43B-C9F169F1ED3F.jpeg

This is they eye of a I kudu shot in 2018, poor thing had this snare imbedded in his left temple wrapped around his horns and stuck in his right eye. He was in poor shape and had worn quite a bit of horn length also very old and almost no teeth. I was glad to put him out of his misery and it was a quite camp that night.

71B23EC7-F97E-45AE-AF72-5451D8E6534D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Took this Kudu in the Eastern Cape, with Game 4 Africa Safaris.

6612C69E-4747-4ACA-8D2C-B792AF5C541B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariWalsta

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross