Kudu breeder bull in Texas 67x64

Just for fun I googled Texas Kudu Hunt. First one I clicked on was 15K. Makes the most expensive trophy fee in Africa sound quite reasonable! Lol

Yeeeeea NOWAY I'm pay $15 k for a Kudu! For that price you can fly first class to South Africa, shoot the kudu and some other beasts, dip pack and ship them home! And drink up a couple of very good bottles of bourbon while there!

Reactions: BWH
When it come to African species.... It's way cheaper to hunt them in Africa!!!! Check out the prices at the 777 ranch as an example.

Love Texas! Love hunting Texas, done so on a few occasions now! But when it comes to African game, yeah its very pricey there versus going to Africa. But for some that may never get the chance to go, its good alternative! Awesome Kudu, hope he produces some nice offspring for some ranches in the area

I looked online last year after seeing an African plains game in TX hunt on TV and saw Zebra and Blue Wildebeest going for $5000 each. Ouch. I agree, fly to SA get both, taxidermy paid, flight, food, room and board, etc. for less... But some people are overwhelmed by the idea of Africa. And those that can pay that may not have to worry about work, house payments, bills, kids school, etc anyway. But all good either way. We all are free to choose how we spend our time and money. And you can't take either one with you when you leave this place . Amen :)

As a taxidermist I've mounted numerous Kudu and the ones from Namibia always have way bigger ears that any I've done from SA

What about those from TX. LOL

Yeeeeea NOWAY I'm pay $15 k for a Kudu! For that price you can fly first class to South Africa, shoot the kudu and some other beasts, dip pack and ship them home! And drink up a couple of very good bottles of bourbon while there!

I'm with you and might even join you for that drink !!

For the record, I think this bull has short ears :D

That is a beast of a kudu bull, and no doubt he is way over 60. @buck wild any info on his age?

Mr. Austin is absolutely correct.

The only time I can see Texas being at all reasonable is if you only want the one animal. At Morani River Ranch, a blesbok - my very definition of a "rubbish" antelope (the fact that it took me two hunts to get one and I missed on a number is entirely irrelevant to that opinion) - costs $6,500! The trophy fee in Africa varies, but if you pay more than $650 you're either paying too much or you shot the wrong animal. However, if all you want is a blesbok, then you can get one, likely in a day or two, in Texas, for the price of a safari to Africa.

As soon as you want more than one animal, Africa looks better and better very quickly. Add a $12,000 black wildebeest (now at $18,500 for two animals) vs. about $1,000 in Africa, and you've paid for a luxury safari in Africa, including business class airfare - for you and your best friend, and you can likely get yourself a new rifle. And a nice scope. And as you add animals in Africa, you can keep upgrading the rifle, until very quickly, you can be carrying a Rigby!

To each their own, of course, but I'll take Africa every time!

Those folks doing so must be absolutely terrified of: planes, mosquitos, foreign lands, etc. to hunt under that pricing.

Those folks doing so must be absolutely terrified of: planes, mosquitos, foreign lands, etc. to hunt under that pricing.

Spiders. I think they're afraid of spiders.

Fear of the unknown. Also snakes (I go in early Aug so less of this, I think) disease (which can happen in any country in the world), crime (stay out of US big cities :)) and just the hassle of a little extended travel and planning. I have 1-2 friends who fall into this category.

To me it's like taking a long flight to hunt in land that is a combo of TX, NM, AZ and the plains area of NW Colorado - except there are way more and cooler animals! Plus some different food, culture, people and sights - all advantages!

Fear of the unknown. Also snakes (I go in early Aug so less of this, I think) disease (which can happen in any country in the world), crime (stay out of US big cities :)) and just the hassle of a little extended travel and planning. I have 1-2 friends who fall into this category.

To me it's like taking a long flight to hunt in land that is a combo of TX, NM, AZ and the plains area of NW Colorado - except there are way more and cooler animals! Plus some different food, culture, people and sights - all advantages!

Plus you get to go with me. (y):whistle:

Snakes no doubt but last I heard there are some really big rattle snakes in Texas !

Yep. I came across a 52" rattler in Jax Florida while hunting there back in the early 90's while on active duty. My ol' 35 Rem deer rifle won that battle...

Africa or Texas, it stay a beautiful animal!

It's alright for kudu to be in Texas, but I would always want to hunt them in Africa.........

No doubt there is a high fence hero hunter, with more money than balls that will pay $100k for him. Whatever, I'd rather take a 50" in Africa, than a 60" on my lunch break in Texas. Good looking bull nonetheless.... :)

Amen brother. My daughter who's never hunted in her life could kill a big kudu bull in Texas, easily.

That is a beast of a kudu bull, and no doubt he is way over 60. @buck wild any info on his age?

Sorry I do not know his age.

I have "heard" that there are a few Texas ranches producing 60" kudu bulls at 5-6 yrs old. I assume they are feeding high protein content supplemental feed similar to the deer industry. With all the available research and technology I assume they will shortly produce a feed just for these animals that will produce ludicrous horn growth. There are labs that test the spoor and the ruminant stomach samples and determine how minerals/protein is being digested and what is coming out, they will play the the formula until they figure out what the highest absorption rate etc. Not what the purist want to hear, I know, but it's the facts.
As for the prices, yes they are silly- but supply and demand and apparently there is no shortage of demand at these prices yet so.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WandaDetwi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross