Krieghoff Trumpf 12x12x30-06

Germans shoot the shotgun barrels from highseats regularly with scopes attached when sitting for game. Normally they are looking for roe deer, but should a fox walk out inside forty-yards, a load of 6's is about perfect. I have done it with mine many times. You can also get a .22lr or mag insert barrel for that right shotgun barrel. The barrel is sighted/adjysted to the scope which, of course, you would have already sighted to the '06 barrel. That way, when you decide to pot a squirrel or rabbit with the .22, you can use the set trigger (those Teutonic geniuses!) Obviously, trying to shoot flying with a scope is a non-starter, but that is why you want claw mounts.

Spend some little while discussing scope choices with JJ. The easiest (and cheapest) are straight tube or rail scopes.

All my spreader loads were either Fiocchi or a home load using a BP wad. I know that Fiocchi still loads them, though I am not sure who would carry them.

Great info sir!
Would JJ be able to help me get a 22WM insert?
I’ll research Fiocchi.

Edit: I found some Fiocchi spreaders! Thanks!

Last edited:
Great info sir!
Would JJ be able to help me get a 22WM insert?
I’ll research Fiocchi.
That I don't know. But I would be a little surprised if he didn't have an idea. The three that I have came off of Gunbroker over the years. Almost all that you will find were made by Krieghoff. It takes someone like JJ to fit them and adjust them to the telescopic sight.

That I don't know. But I would be a little surprised if he didn't have an idea. The three that I have came off of Gunbroker over the years. Almost all that you will find were made by Krieghoff. It takes someone like JJ to fit them and adjust them to the telescopic sight.
As you might imagine, the 16 bore inserts are much more common than 12.

Where is the safety, then, if the big slide behind the opening lever is for cocking the rifle barrel?

Where is the safety, then, if the big slide behind the opening lever is for cocking the rifle barrel?
Usually on the left side

Perttime & BeeMaa, here’s a photo of the safety and the rifle cocking, decocking, and rear sight raising mechanism.
816AA4BC-C73A-421B-8F94-68120831A69B.jpeg

Regarding the safety, Thriller mentioned "on the left side" which is very common on many drillings as they were following a greener type design. On the krieghoff, in the tang selector, this also serves as a true decocker. There is no greener side safety, instead you have the decocker, which is an outstanding system, but might take a bit of getting comfortable with it.

Ridgewalker's latest photo shows another design with a slide safety also on the tang. I do want to point out one other concern or thought regarding tang slides. This is probably not the case on this trump drilling, but I have seen some where people think a barrel selector is the safety. On certain types of German firearm, you may have an "S" at one end and a "K" at the other. When the "S" is exposed, some think that indicates "safe" however, that might indicate "Schrot" or shot barrel selected. The "K" is for Kugel [bullet] and thus indicates that the rifle barrel is selected. I always advise to use snap caps and fully understand the operation.

Germanfan, good info!
In this case the “S” actually does indicate safe. When pushed forward hiding the “S”, a red dot appears indicating unsafe state and ready to fire.
This has double triggers for left and right barrels.

Ridgewalker,
I suspected that red dot was there. You have a great piece. Those double triggers are awesome and that set trigger option is super nice for the rifle barrel. I once had a drilling with three triggers, but I couldn't wrap my mind around the barrel selection and triggers...too many, and she went off to a new home. By the way, when you pursue the scope mounting, you may want to contact Mark Cromwell at New England Custom Gun. He used to work for/with Dietrich Apel before Dietrich transferred the business to Mark, and Dietrich passed away. Good work on continental firearms.

Germanfan, thanks! Good info to know about New England Custom Gun.

Ridgewalker's latest photo shows another design with a slide safety also on the tang. I do want to point out one other concern or thought regarding tang slides. This is probably not the case on this trump drilling, but I have seen some where people think a barrel selector is the safety. On certain types of German firearm, you may have an "S" at one end and a "K" at the other. When the "S" is exposed, some think that indicates "safe" however, that might indicate "Schrot" or shot barrel selected. The "K" is for Kugel [bullet] and thus indicates that the rifle barrel is selected. I always advise to use snap caps and fully understand the operation.
Mine has the s and k indicators on the selector for shotgun and rifle with the "half moon' safety on the side. (probably not its proper name but it is what i have heard it called before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross