Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAGA, SA Hunters
Hunted
RSA, Zim & Zambia
I have taken the plunge and am purchasing my first (and I suppose 2nd - LOL) double!

I have found a great deal on a 3 x barrel set Krieghoff! (didnt even know you could get 3 x barrel sets!)

its got:
- .470NE
- 9.3x74R
- 20 gauge

Test fired it over the weekend and what a beaut! The original owner had to sell it as he was getting divorced (sounds like a good reason to hang onto it..................... but hey?!)

cant wait to have it in my safe............will post some pics when it arrives!
:cool:

Bloody nice set. In fact to me the perfect set for Africa or Tropical Australia.

Outstanding. I am bitterly jealous about the 20 bore barrels.:) I have a Blaser S2 with .416, .375, and 30-06 barrels. Very cool versatility. Is your Krieghoff OU or SxS configuration?

Thanks for the comments guys

Red Leg, your Blaser is in some nice calibres! I must say I would have preferred the 9.3 barrels to have been 375H&H, but I suppose the 9.3 is a lighter version for PG.

Must agree having a shotgun setup included is a real treat! Never had a 20g shotgun before always been a 12g guy.........but getting used to a double as a shotgun can only make you more comfy with the .470NE when it comes time for quick shooting!

Welcome to the club that is a nice trio you got there

Congrats, what a great set of barrels!

I am GREEN with jealousy!!!

Others seem to be able to deal with it but IMO that manual cocking set up needs to be a learned proposition. I'm not sure I could adapt since I'm used to regular auto cocked rifles.. Maybe I don't know.
Get lots'a shooting in to get the muscle memory to be automatic.
They are supposed to be very well regulated and accurate and well built. I hope that it'll serve you well!!!

Congrats, a good combination !

Congrat's Jumbo!.....Why can't I luck into a deal like that!!! :confused::worship:

Thanks guys.....................I'm now getting anxious to have it at home!

hopefully the licencing wont take too long.............test Zambian efficiency..........LOL

Thanks guys.....................I'm now getting anxious to have it at home!

hopefully the licencing wont take too long.............test Zambian efficiency..........LOL

nice buy, i was wondering how long that rifle set would sit in richards shop. it shouldnt take too long , i think my last licence took 3 weeks . now i wonder where you could try it out ? :hmmmer::beer:

Hey Spike,

Thanks! So you know the one...............

Well, I was thinking about a place a little birdy told me about near Mpongwe.................but seems quite steep for a local............:(
Was thinking that those 9.3x74R barrels could be nice for a little waterbuck or similar..................:cool:

I will be negotiating.................

Hey Spike,

Thanks! So you know the one...............

Well, I was thinking about a place a little birdy told me about near Mpongwe.................but seems quite steep for a local............:(
Was thinking that those 9.3x74R barrels could be nice for a little waterbuck or similar..................:cool:

I will be negotiating.................

the 9.3x74r would be perfect for everything we have. shoot something for meat , get hold of peteG on here he has been out a few times and shot animals for meat , :)

Nice going Jumbo, that is a fine rifle.
I think a little excursion to mpongwe definitely needs to be on the cards, gotta convince spiket to donate a nice animal to test the 9,3 barrels!!
enjoy it!!!

Now we wait

Mpongwe will see use of my rifle in the new year! Spiket and I will surely be chatting! :rolleyes:;)

License application submitted..............hopefully sorted next week.............then on the 7th to the range to burn some powder! I cant wait!

watch this space!!!:)

Mpongwe will see use of my rifle in the new year! Spiket and I will surely be chatting! :rolleyes:;)

License application submitted..............hopefully sorted next week.............then on the 7th to the range to burn some powder! I cant wait!

watch this space!!!:)

let us know how it goes at the range. with that combination you are sorted from feathers to the biggest game :beer:

Will do...........................next year I got a buff on the radar

but early next year I think I see some zambian game.....................a lechwe, puku and or similar...............wonder where I can get a good deal on one of those..................:lookaround:

:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg