Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape), Namibia
Christmas came a few days early.
61EA9A61-4118-4946-8D4D-469D070FE072.jpg

I’m still rearranging and making sure I like where everything is and adding some details, but here are some early pics.
12DFB51F-B9DE-4330-95CE-FF490CAC2BBD.jpeg
8F3D3684-36B3-48C6-93B6-21749B1BBD82.jpeg
7F7AADED-65DB-4BE8-9805-0E6D42F502E6.jpeg
1F59AE02-89A2-4EE7-8ABA-5F61A560BE20.jpeg

I forgot to get a picture of the Red Hartebeest euro before I took it to my office. I’ll post it next week. It came out great just like the rest.
The Mt Zebra flat skin looks perfect. But my wife has decided it needs to be in her office floor. So the Hartebeest skin will go on the wall behind the double pedestal.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PH in the Northern Cape in 2019, Yvan, asked if I planned to take another Springbok in Namibia. I told him I had one listed but might change my mind because I loved the shape and look of my South African ram.
He told me I needed to take one because the Kalahari Springbok would be bigger in horn and body. Man was he right.
Danie Strauss told me I had a tremendous Springbok the night we brought him in, but WOW!
My boys and I were surprised by the difference. Two wonderful rams.
941DE825-7FDF-4826-89E6-1631E62DE809.jpeg

Looks good, congrats !

Great looking Taxidermy!! My wife also loves my Mtn Zebra rug. I told her I’ll shoot her one of her own next June!

Great looking Taxidermy!! My wife also loves my Mtn Zebra rug. I told her I’ll shoot her one of her own next June!
Good plan!
I figured if mine is good with me going she can use the Zebra any way she wants. I‘ll get myself another one next trip. It was a great hunt and fantastic off the grill anyway.

Good plan!
I figured if mine is good with me going she can use the Zebra any way she wants. I‘ll get myself another one next trip. It was a great hunt and fantastic off the grill anyway.
You’re thinking about it the right way! Congratulations on getting your trophies home. Merry Christmas!

Moderator thanks for blurring name and address- didn’t think about it showing in the picture.

I finally got the Hartebeest hung and my office and the Mt Zebra flattened and laid in my wife's office.
IMG_6756[1].JPG
IMG_6747[1].JPG

Very nice work! What taxidermist did you use? I'm assuming someone in Namibia.

Very nice work! What taxidermist did you use? I'm assuming someone in Namibia.
We used Trophaedienste in Namibia. They are the Strauss family's personal taxidermist and we saw a lot of their work at the lodge and toured their shop on the way back to the airport. Between their shop and Ansie we had constant updates and were very happy with the communication, time, and work we received from them.

Thank you. This will be good to know in case I'm able to make it back someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois