Konnichiwa from Japan

Good advice. I tend to procrastinate.

I took my wife to the range once several years ago in North Carolina. We started with .22 rifles and worked our way up to an AR15 and .357 magnum. At the range by the lodge (in SA) she took 2 practice shots with each of the two rifles she used (a suppressed .243 and a .308 Win.). That was the extent of her previous shooting experience.
She shot that Eland at 110 meters with the .308 Win. It jumped, ran less than 20 meters and collapsed. I will post pics in the trip report (she'll have to choose which pics).

And yes, we are already talking about our next trip. ;)

"Beginners Luck?" Maybe not, at one time I had a Japanese family for a next door neighbor. The husband was an engineer on temporary assignment in the U.S. Like many Japanese he had a martial arts background. He had never fired a gun in his life. In less than two hours he was shooting "expert" scores with a handgun. His Black Belt training and hand /eye coordination obviously had something to do with it.

Looking forward to the report and pics @Kento!

Good advice. I tend to procrastinate.

And yes, we are already talking about our next trip. ;)

We all knew this would happen (the part about planning the next trip)!!! (y)(y)

Hello, everyone. I'm Kento.:A Happy Wave:

I'm an American living in Japan. I will be embarking on my second trip to Africa, but my first African hunt, this summer. I am, as you may guess, very excited. :D

My first trip to Africa was about 30 years ago when my family visited Kenya for a photo safari. I have since traveled pretty well, though I've not yet been to South America or Antarctica. Africa is still very high on my list of most amazing places I've ever visited.

Last summer my father announced that he would be spending a good chunk (of my inheritance) on a safari for the whole family. Wow! What a great idea! I'm sure it will be far more valuable as an experience than the cash could ever be. My family (myself, wifey and 2 kiddies) will be meeting my parents and sister's family (with husband and 2 kiddies) in South Africa for a 12-day hunting / photo safari with Thwane Safaris in Lampopo province. My father, brother-in-law, niece and I are interested in hunting, while the rest are too young or not interested in hunting. As the Thwane lodge is set up for a maximum of 10 people, we will be taking over the place for a week and a half. (y)

I have a lot of questions and will be posting them here. I am so glad to have such a wonderful resource available, especially while living in a country that's not very hunting-oriented. (I have yet to meet a single person who legally owns a firearm and I've lived here for about 14 years.) I hope you will all be patient with my newby questions. I'm gonna have quite a few, I suspect.

I look forward to interacting with a lot of you over the next several months. Wish I could join my dad, who will be attending the Dallas show in January. In the mean time, hope everyone had a great Christmas and wish you all a happy new year!

Kento
Welcome and happy planning!

"Beginners Luck?" Maybe not, at one time I had a Japanese family for a next door neighbor. The husband was an engineer on temporary assignment in the U.S. Like many Japanese he had a martial arts background. He had never fired a gun in his life. In less than two hours he was shooting "expert" scores with a handgun. His Black Belt training and hand /eye coordination obviously had something to do with it.

Yes, I'm sure that is a factor. She is also a doctor with surgical experience. Very steady hands and excellent focus, as well as an ability to control the adrenaline. ;)

We all knew this would happen (the part about planning the next trip)!!! (y)(y)

Gotta get the kids to 'merica for some gun training... We're looking at going back maybe 5 years or so from now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross