huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
When @lil 2 sleepy was up here for his caribou hunt I jokingly threw out the idea that I may be going to kodiak this year to try to get blacktail and goats. He said just let me know and I'll meet you on the island. Well after a month of horrible planning and kicking it down the road it looks like we will.head out on the 19th. (Will.know for sure tomorrow). This will.be a 100 percent DIY with neither of us having ever been to kodiak so it should be an adventure to say the least lol. Hopefully we will get on some nice goats and deer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy yourselves, be careful and have each others backs. You guys are low down the food chain on that Island.

Last edited:
Best of luck and I'm looking forward to the report!

Good luck and remember, Kodiak is a rain forest. I just hope it comes down liquid for you. It is also very steep once you are off the beach. Hope all goes well!

Good luck and remember, Kodiak is a rain forest. I just hope it comes down liquid for you. It is also very steep once you are off the beach. Hope all goes well!
Yea I'm expecting miserable steep and rain lol

Been there twice...fall and spring. Both miserable weather! Had to land on pontoons breaking through the ice! Exciting!
Helly Hansen is the best, but you sweat a lot in it! They don’t recommend Goretex.
Yep 30 feet from a hair VW bug is exciting! Don’t get bit, and “Use Enough Gun”!
Envious here!

Great adventure, good luck.

Hunted Kodiak a bit for goats/deer as a resident. Are you heading out from town via road system or flying/drop off on an upper lake? Wish ya the best of luck and I can personally attest that a gun shot does indeed mean dinner time to the bears. Be safe and straight shooting to y'all!

Definitely expect rain. I have a friend who has lived out there for years (now in Anchor-town) bowhunting them and aside from maybe July that place is wet very wet. Good luck.

I've gone to Kodiak and spent 2 weeks fishing and hunting and never once put on raingear. I have also gone to the exact same spot and woke up in a lake. The further west you are on the island, the drier it is.

Good luck! My friends flew across a couple of weeks ago. The weather cooperated and they had a great hunt. I hope you do as well!

Good luck Brother

Hope you have a good boots on. Snakes and other poisonous things around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois