Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club International, Serbia
Hunted
Ex YU, Namibia, Sweden, SA
Perhaps I am bit too picky - need 13cm blade but not too tick, mosaic pins, very deep leather holster, tough but easy to sharp carbon steel... the only way to get what I want was to do it myself. I used COVID lockdown to buy some great blanks on internet and learn basics about leather sawing and wood finishing. Found some great Pukko style blade made of 80CrV2 carbon steel (58-60 HRC) and all the rest I made myself.

IMG_5666.JPG
IMG-0739 1.jpg
Noz 8.JPG
unnamed.jpg
Noz 3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty scales on those! I too make knives , and really enjoy doing it when I have the time. It is nice dressing out a trophy with a blade you made yourself.

Well done, congrats !

JMO, but the shape and configuration is near perfect! Great job!

Pieces of art! Great work! Question: is the edge what they call a scandy? What is the logic for the different edges you may use? Thanks for any information you can give. Again, great craftsmanship!

Pieces of art! Great work! Question: is the edge what they call a scandy? What is the logic for the different edges you may use? Thanks for any information you can give. Again, great craftsmanship!
Gesch,
I am glad you like it! Those are my first blades I ever made. Not a scandy and this steel is mainly used for saw blades and lathe cutting tool. Hard, easy to sharp but can corrode but it's not to important for me. My thinking is - if I can oil my gun after hunt why I shouldn't do the same with my knife? With that in mind, carbon steel is good enough for me. Also, much cheaper to buy hi-quality carbon than hi-q stainless blank.
First I bought 4.3" blade (std offer) then I realized that in field I needed a bit longer blade and that blacksmith was willing to meet my needs so I ordered 5" which turned to be just perfect. Honestly, the longest one (8") I bought just for sake of curiosity and because I couldn't resist to it's beautiful line. I do not see it's practical value since it is too long for skinning and too light to replace an ax.

Thank you for the information. You must be a talented man! All the best! Your friend, Brian

Thank you for the information. You must be a talented man! All the best! Your friend, Brian
Tnx! :)
I just another small project - was sick & tired of bagging others to make holster as per my needs (FA .454 Casull with Aimpoint H2). As pretty stubborn person, I decided to make one for myself rather than sit & wait. Here is my first gun holster and I am very proud of it. Sure, I made few mistakes but that was mine learning curve :)))

Moja futrola za Casull.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross