Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club International, Serbia
Hunted
Ex YU, Namibia, Sweden, SA
Perhaps I am bit too picky - need 13cm blade but not too tick, mosaic pins, very deep leather holster, tough but easy to sharp carbon steel... the only way to get what I want was to do it myself. I used COVID lockdown to buy some great blanks on internet and learn basics about leather sawing and wood finishing. Found some great Pukko style blade made of 80CrV2 carbon steel (58-60 HRC) and all the rest I made myself.

IMG_5666.JPG
IMG-0739 1.jpg
Noz 8.JPG
unnamed.jpg
Noz 3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
Very pretty scales on those! I too make knives , and really enjoy doing it when I have the time. It is nice dressing out a trophy with a blade you made yourself.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Well done, congrats !

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
JMO, but the shape and configuration is near perfect! Great job!

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Pieces of art! Great work! Question: is the edge what they call a scandy? What is the logic for the different edges you may use? Thanks for any information you can give. Again, great craftsmanship!

Serbian Hunter

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Pieces of art! Great work! Question: is the edge what they call a scandy? What is the logic for the different edges you may use? Thanks for any information you can give. Again, great craftsmanship!
Gesch,
I am glad you like it! Those are my first blades I ever made. Not a scandy and this steel is mainly used for saw blades and lathe cutting tool. Hard, easy to sharp but can corrode but it's not to important for me. My thinking is - if I can oil my gun after hunt why I shouldn't do the same with my knife? With that in mind, carbon steel is good enough for me. Also, much cheaper to buy hi-quality carbon than hi-q stainless blank.
First I bought 4.3" blade (std offer) then I realized that in field I needed a bit longer blade and that blacksmith was willing to meet my needs so I ordered 5" which turned to be just perfect. Honestly, the longest one (8") I bought just for sake of curiosity and because I couldn't resist to it's beautiful line. I do not see it's practical value since it is too long for skinning and too light to replace an ax.

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Thank you for the information. You must be a talented man! All the best! Your friend, Brian

Serbian Hunter

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Thank you for the information. You must be a talented man! All the best! Your friend, Brian
Tnx! :)
I just another small project - was sick & tired of bagging others to make holster as per my needs (FA .454 Casull with Aimpoint H2). As pretty stubborn person, I decided to make one for myself rather than sit & wait. Here is my first gun holster and I am very proud of it. Sure, I made few mistakes but that was mine learning curve :)))

Moja futrola za Casull.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojzifaik

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation