Knife value?

THE swede

Reaction score
Media
Hello i got this knife from My grandpa when he passed away. I Wounder i you guys can tell me if its Worth anything? Best regards THE swede

IMG_20210908_122745.jpg

That is a well made representation of the Lion knife and worth, at the very least, the value of any well made cased custom knife with added value in the lions tooth (providing it is genuine) and documentaion and what it all represents and/or to those who have specific interest in the lore of Africa.

Some of the members from this thread may be of help.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a well made representation of the Lion knife and worth, at the very least, the value of any well made cased custom knife with added value in the lions tooth (providing it is genuine) and documentaion and what it all represents and/or to those who have specific interest in the lore of Africa.
The tooth is real and the documentation is the story about the knife

Thank you all for the help i know nothing about knifes
I'm no expert either, but there are several knife forums you can take a look at for research. What I do know is that the original T. Williams Smithfield went out of business circa 1938. Also, that is a claw...not a tooth.

Is what you have a real or replica, is for someone more educated on the subject. What you do have is a beautiful knife and someone is likely to find value in it.

If I had looked at the picture you provided and actually READ the Certificate of Authenticity, I would have realized that is indeed a reproduction of the original Harry Wolhuter knife. I can't find anything on the "producer" of the knife, which is an interesting word to use for someone who makes knives. Most of the time they are referred to as craftsman, blade smiths or even a master knife maker. Producer? That just sounds a bit off. No real results for Rob Wishart when it comes to anything having to do with knives.

Might just want to get a proper sheath and start using it.

The original Harry Wolhuter Lion knife is on display at Skukuza in Kruger National Park.

The one you have is a replica and with the sheath and dew claw I think it could actually be worth quite a bit to the right buyer.

Personally if it was me I would hang on to it if it came from my grand father.

I'm no expert either, but there are several knife forums you can take a look at for research. What I do know is that the original T. Williams Smithfield went out of business circa 1938. Also, that is a claw...not a tooth.

Is what you have a real or replica, is for someone more educated on the subject. What you do have is a beautiful knife and someone is likely to find value in it.
My mistake so thanks for the correction on the claw.

Is it also a actual claw or is it also a reproduction?

The original Harry Wolhuter Lion knife is on display at Skukuza in Kruger National Park.

The one you have is a replica and with the sheath and dew claw I think it could actually be worth quite a bit to the right buyer.

Personally if it was me I would hang on to it if it came from my grand father.

Is it also a actual claw or is it also a reproduction?
Its real! But it has a coat of Varnish on it

Yes its a claw of course not a tooth

Personally if it was me I would hang on to it if it came from my grand father

I'd display it proudly. Very nice knife!!!
Thank you!! Yes its nice but to be honest im not into knifes that much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross