Knife Maker Needed

Triathlete3

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Any recommendation on here or a supporter that can make me a couple knives or fit giraffe bone knife handles to a blades? I shot a giraffe on my safari in June and am having 4 leg bones sent back in my crate. What i would like to do is have a knife made for myself and the 2 other guys who went with for our first safari.

I agree on Von Gruff, I have one of his knifes and love it.

Here is a link to a thread on some of his knifes and another one to his web site

Any recommendation on here or a supporter that can make me a couple knives or fit giraffe bone knife handles to a blades? I shot a giraffe on my safari in June and am having 4 leg bones sent back in my crate. What i would like to do is have a knife made for myself and the 2 other guys who went with for our first safari.
Happy to work with you on your project @Triathlete3. The only thing to be aware of is that the giraffe bone is on the cites list so needs documentation to be exported and imported.
I have been through some trials over the last few months over a set of legbones from a friend in SA to get the paperwork all in order. At one stage we thought we would have tocancel because of freight costs but that seems to have been overcome.
If you decide to procede and take this to DM further details can be worked through.

peter larson is your man.

@Von Gruff made me the knife on the right with giraffe bone handles. Perfect fit and finish and never had a knife fit my hand as well as this one.

Image1658739273.920310.jpg

I also ordered the closed sheath as an extra with it. To better protect the knife from falling out.

Image1658739574.878777.jpg

Well, I will recommend Von Gruff too.

Our resident Kiwi knifemaker is a purveyor of fine custom blades for the discerning outdoors person.

I have one VG hunting knife and a VG chef's knife for the wife.

You will find many reports here from many well known members who have been impressed by the quality of work and the edge retention of these handcrafted custom knives.

A quick search for the term Von Gruff will bring up a ton of posts.

Another vote for @Von Gruff. I have purchased several hunting knives and also a set of kitchen knives, which my wife dearly loves.

Take a look at Garry's (aka Von Gruff) website: http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Last edited:
Happy to work with you on your project @Triathlete3. The only thing to be aware of is that the giraffe bone is on the cites list so needs documentation to be exported and imported.
I have been through some trials over the last few months over a set of legbones from a friend in SA to get the paperwork all in order. At one stage we thought we would have tocancel because of freight costs but that seems to have been overcome.
If you decide to procede and take this to DM further details can be worked through.
Thank you for the heads-up...I did not realize they were on the CITES list. I am going to have to figure that portion out.

Your knives look beautiful and hope we can make something happen.

Thank you for the heads-up...I did not realize they were on the CITES list. I am going to have to figure that portion out.

Your knives look beautiful and hope we can make something happen.
Look forward to working with you. The Giraffe bone makes a beautiful handle and would be a great reminder of a successful hunt and a good friendship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EulaBowen

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!