www.huntsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, USA, Canada
KMG Hunting Safaris submitted a new resource: KMG Hunting Safaris - SOUTH AFRICA - Hunt the Dark Continent. One Chance, One Shot.....Take it. - Read more about this resource...

This is an informative ongoing and open discussion thread with KMG Hunting Safaris. Members can ask questions and others can see your answers which can be beneficial for frequently asked questions without needing to answer multiple times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely the best hunting experience of our lives. My wife, Dena and I hunted with KMG last year. We can’t wait to come back!!

Would love to hunt with you in the future !
Definitely after this virus mess is over.
Your hunt reports speaks for themselves!!!

Would love to hunt with you in the future !
Definitely after this virus mess is over.
Your hunt reports speaks for themselves!!!
Thank you for the kind words, sir. I really appreciate it. I look forward to your message when this mess is behind us!

Hello Marius,

Thx for supporting this Open Thread & a brief message for new or returning Hunters to Africa - lean on your PH experiences & trust the messaging. I feel it’s an underutilized valuable resource as ‘boots on the ground’ can change often & year-to-year.

Q: if you had to select one month to hunt S Africa it would be ____ & why?

Q: strictly for ‘fun’ & open opinion - #1 mistake Hunters make w/ taxidermy?

Thx,
Corey

Hello Marius,

Thx for supporting this Open Thread & a brief message for new or returning Hunters to Africa - lean on your PH experiences & trust the messaging. I feel it’s an underutilized valuable resource as ‘boots on the ground’ can change often & year-to-year.

Q: if you had to select one month to hunt S Africa it would be ____ & why?

Q: strictly for ‘fun’ & open opinion - #1 mistake Hunters make w/ taxidermy?

Thx,
Corey
Hi Corey,
Thank you for the message. On the the first question, I would say its a lot more complex than a simply naming a single month. First of all, it depends what you will be hunting, and which area. In the Eastern Cape, mid May is excellent, for the simple fact that most of the animals are rutting. Then, mid July is very good, because of the cold in the Eastern Cape, means that the animals are sunning themselves every morning. (If they are sunning themselves, we can see them with the mountainous terrain that we deal with.) If you are hunting Buffalo in the Limpopo, personally I prefer the hot weather, as I find it easier to walk onto them once they find a spot to lie down out of the heat.
Question 2, I would probably say getting swept up in the nostalgia of the first safari and wanting to take all of the back skins home. Unless you have a specific plan for the leather like turning it into a specific product, most of the back skins end up being a waste. Funds that you could have allocated to your next trip.

Hi Marius,

Thx for the quality insight - agreed, May into early June pretty special time to be in the Bush & front row seat @ a waterhole for Impala Rut Show is very entertaining!

Backskins: agreed, I have one = Hartmann.

Congrat’s on all the hard work & success w/ your May clients & enjoyable KMG hunting reports posted here! P.S. I’m hoping to avoid the crabby Joburg customs agent reading PCR Test dates - yikes! I’m guessing 0400 Int. arrival may have had something to do with that reaction ...

See your team 29 August ...

Ciao,
Corey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross