Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
KMG Hunting Safaris submitted a new resource: KMG Hunting Safaris - SOUTH AFRICA - Hunt the Dark Continent. One Chance, One Shot.....Take it. - Read more about this resource...

This is an informative ongoing and open discussion thread with KMG Hunting Safaris. Members can ask questions and others can see your answers which can be beneficial for frequently asked questions without needing to answer multiple times.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiegeRiver

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, B&C, NAHC, RMEF, APOS
Hunted
Canada, USA
Absolutely the best hunting experience of our lives. My wife, Dena and I hunted with KMG last year. We can’t wait to come back!!

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted

Ike85123

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
None
Would love to hunt with you in the future !
Definitely after this virus mess is over.
Your hunt reports speaks for themselves!!!

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
Would love to hunt with you in the future !
Definitely after this virus mess is over.
Your hunt reports speaks for themselves!!!
Thank you for the kind words, sir. I really appreciate it. I look forward to your message when this mess is behind us!

Jaegger

Gold supporter
AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Kaiserslautern R&G Club, NRA, SCI, RMEF.
Hunted
Namibia; S Africa; Zimbabwe; Germany; Czech Republic, North America
Hello Marius,

Thx for supporting this Open Thread & a brief message for new or returning Hunters to Africa - lean on your PH experiences & trust the messaging. I feel it’s an underutilized valuable resource as ‘boots on the ground’ can change often & year-to-year.

Q: if you had to select one month to hunt S Africa it would be ____ & why?

Q: strictly for ‘fun’ & open opinion - #1 mistake Hunters make w/ taxidermy?

Thx,
Corey

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
Hello Marius,

Thx for supporting this Open Thread & a brief message for new or returning Hunters to Africa - lean on your PH experiences & trust the messaging. I feel it’s an underutilized valuable resource as ‘boots on the ground’ can change often & year-to-year.

Q: if you had to select one month to hunt S Africa it would be ____ & why?

Q: strictly for ‘fun’ & open opinion - #1 mistake Hunters make w/ taxidermy?

Thx,
Corey
Hi Corey,
Thank you for the message. On the the first question, I would say its a lot more complex than a simply naming a single month. First of all, it depends what you will be hunting, and which area. In the Eastern Cape, mid May is excellent, for the simple fact that most of the animals are rutting. Then, mid July is very good, because of the cold in the Eastern Cape, means that the animals are sunning themselves every morning. (If they are sunning themselves, we can see them with the mountainous terrain that we deal with.) If you are hunting Buffalo in the Limpopo, personally I prefer the hot weather, as I find it easier to walk onto them once they find a spot to lie down out of the heat.
Question 2, I would probably say getting swept up in the nostalgia of the first safari and wanting to take all of the back skins home. Unless you have a specific plan for the leather like turning it into a specific product, most of the back skins end up being a waste. Funds that you could have allocated to your next trip.

Jaegger

Gold supporter
AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Kaiserslautern R&G Club, NRA, SCI, RMEF.
Hunted
Namibia; S Africa; Zimbabwe; Germany; Czech Republic, North America
Hi Marius,

Thx for the quality insight - agreed, May into early June pretty special time to be in the Bush & front row seat @ a waterhole for Impala Rut Show is very entertaining!

Backskins: agreed, I have one = Hartmann.

Congrat’s on all the hard work & success w/ your May clients & enjoyable KMG hunting reports posted here! P.S. I’m hoping to avoid the crabby Joburg customs agent reading PCR Test dates - yikes! I’m guessing 0400 Int. arrival may have had something to do with that reaction ...

See your team 29 August ...

Ciao,
Corey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikkiSettl

Latest profile posts

Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
I have been looking at an option for a 505, that doesn't break the bank (that concern my have to yield), and is more in the 50-110, or 50 Alaskan range. However not easy to find a case, other than the Weatherby, of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
Hello, do you have any information on your 505 SRE cartridge. Up here in Canada, there is talk about how the various 500s may exceed the 10 000 Joule limit recently imposed. Not that they do on paper, but you never know what they may infer or claim.
Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?