Kudu Friday! What an absolute tank of a bull. Notice the ivory up the frontside of the right horn. Our hunter needed most of his 10 day hunt to find this great Cape Kudu. The look on his face says it all!

IMG-20230813-WA0048.jpg

Always said, the day I stop learning, is the day I hang up my hunting boots. This is the first time in my life that I found Warthogs sleeping in caves around 100 ft from the bottom. Although not a sheer cliff, in order to get to these caves, there is one way in and one way out. Only by one footpath, taking a specific route where its not too steep, would a Warthog be able to make it to this shelter. This was a cold morning, but I guess he decided to lie in for a bit.

IMG20230508094543.jpg

An excellent Eland bull. Took two days to find a proper Eland here. Amazing how animals of this size can disappear for days, only to show up in a spot where you checked the previous day. Better to be lucky than good.

IMG-20230717-WA0018.jpg

Still one of my favourite hunts. Hunting Blue Duiker in the undergrowth of coastal belt is as fun as it gets. Lovely ram here for our hunter.

IMG20231026172039_20240106121530.jpg

One of the biggest appreciations we as Professional Hunters' have is guiding people who have put in the time on the range and displaying exceptional marksmanship in the field under pressured conditions.

20231027_095951.jpg

Simply a magnificent Bushbuck ram. I always say, extraordinary shots yield extraordinary animals. Sometimes for reasons out of our control, its worth taking a chance at an exceptional animal. Under the correct conditions and with the correct equipment, these chances pay off more often than not. Either with an animal slowly making its way to thick cover down in the valley, or simply too much dead ground between the quarry and the hunter, our hunter kept his nerve and squeezed his shot off. The simple puff of smoke coming out of the entry hole on the shoulder closed the deal.

20231027_153702.jpg

Classical Kudu shape on this bull. By this time, Winter had already set in as can be seen by the drier vegetation around the hunter and quarry. No one can dispute the effects of the rut. The rut has the same effect world over with males, but another factor that cannot be ignored in the Eastern Cape is the Winters. Being so far down South, temperatures can drop close to zero in the mornings congregating the animals to the Easterly facing slopes. That paired with the mountainous terrain giving us a good vantage point can be equally deadly.

IMG-20230710-WA0098.jpg

Those are some exceptional bushbuck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.