Whoa looks nasty, I'm glad Rigby survived, he needs some extra chicken and rice to heal up with.
Kurt

What goes in on the one end, comes out in gas at the other.....

Oh no, poor boy!!! Thank God it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Hoping he heals up as good as new, I know how much those two dogs mean to you.

Thanks pal, yeah, they become like family members, don't they. Not to mention the time they save me on recovering animals.

I hope Turd learned from the encounter.
Glad he made it out with most of his skin intact

His patterns are a little different to what they used to be......

and I won't count on him learning from the experience....think they have been put on their last wounded Bushbuck.
Been looking at the Kevlar vests for dogs, but only seem to find them for big breeds.

His patterns are a little different to what they used to be......

and I won't count on him learning from the experience....think they have been put on their last wounded Bushbuck.
Been looking at the Kevlar vests for dogs, but only seem to find them for big breeds.

A while ago I saw a vests for small dogs. It was to prevent them from being attacked by coyotes and it was covered in spikes but it was the heavy Kevlar. It looks ridiculous and I’m not sure if it’s available outside the US, but it’s https://www.coyotevest.com. Looks like they have sizes down to small and mini which I guess would be a purse dog. Hope this keeps your trackers safe

Last edited:
A while ago I saw a vests for small dogs. It was to prevent them from being attacked by coyotes and it was covered in spikes but it was the heavy Kevlar. It looks ridiculous and I’m not sure if it’s available outside the US, but it’s https://www.coyotevest.com. Looks like they have sizes down to small and mini which I guess would be a purse dog. Hope this keeps your trackers safe

Thank you very much. I will certainly look into them. I suspect that the vests will have to be stab proof and cover the chest, right up to the back legs. Most dogs seem to get hit in the back half.

Thanks pal, yeah, they become like family members, don't they. Not to mention the time they save me on recovering animals.
Yep. Tina damn near cried when I showed her the pictures last night.

Glad Rigby came through it all. He's a trooper.

Tough to see Rigby like that ... did you give him at least a half day off:)

Tough to see Rigby like that ... did you give him at least a half day off:)

Had to spend the night in Hospital. He was not amused.
Then had to keep him still for a week.
Now, say that slowly. Had... To.... Keep.... A.... Jack Russell still...For a week.... o_O

If Jack Russell's were people they'd be work alcoholics.

Dang. Hope he heals up quickly!

Sorry to Rigby like this. But glad he’s back in action. He might have rode a few miles in my lap while I was there hunting.
Mine too. Farting every 5 miles or so! Lol. But what a nice dog. It's amazing how many photos he and Flex made it in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg