Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Kimberly Stock Cartridge Pouch

kimberly-rifle-stock.jpg

Size:
Standard Rifle (.243 to .308)
Large Magnum (.300 to .416 Rem Mag)
African Large (.416 Rigby to .500 NE)

About This Product

Designed to fit snuggly and neatly around your stock, this gem of a pouch is arguably one of the most useful hunting essentials you'll find to compliment and bring out the natural beauty of your wood stock.

In the photos you can see how easily the pouch attaches to your stock, neatly hiding your knot underneath a layer of leather and preventing any unwanted snagging of the strings.

For a neat and and tidy look The Kimberley Pouch is elegantly fastened with solid brass studs which Els & Co imports from the UK. The inside of the pouch is suede lined giving additional strength to the leather and making for a scratch proof, luxurious finish.

The Kimberley Pouch is available in two sizes:
Standard Rifle: .243 to .308
Large Magnum: .300 to .416 Rem Mag
African Large: .416 Rigby to .500 NE

els-detail.jpg

Lovely product. ( Els & Co do some great stuff. I am about to order their Binocular strap) I wonder how much a fully loaded stock cartridge pouch affects regulation on a double rifle. I have one on my double but only use it to hold two cartridges in when I temporarily unload (for crossing obstacles, fences, ditches etc)

Maybe I should test it out to see but never remember when I get the occasional (rare) range time.

Any thoughts?

I put one on a 450/400 and did not make a difference. I shot minute of tennis ball with or without.

Jim

Lovely product. ( Els & Co do some great stuff. I am about to order their Binocular strap) I wonder how much a fully loaded stock cartridge pouch affects regulation on a double rifle. I have one on my double but only use it to hold two cartridges in when I temporarily unload (for crossing obstacles, fences, ditches etc)

Maybe I should test it out to see but never remember when I get the occasional (rare) range time.

Any thoughts?

Placed on the butt of the stock, it'll not make a difference.

Personally don't like these pouches on my rifle at all....use belt pouches only!

I put a pouch on my 416 Ruger (not the same but a much cheaper version). It threw the balance of the rifle off enough to bother me. I dropped the number of rounds in the pouch and am now happy with the outcome. Some day here I am going to get a pouch like that above for my 458 Lott. It's a nice rifle with nice wood and therefore deserves a classy pouch (and, being of 5 round capacity, won't affect balance too much...that's what I took the capacity down to on my Ruger, down to 5 from 10 by putting a cartridge in every other loop).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 4.52.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 4.52.31 PM.png
    947.6 KB · Views: 247
Listening to all the above and some having to improvise to get the correct balance/ shoot etc, I cannot understand the need for the butt mounted pouch??? It looks cool, yes.... but too me seems more of a gimmick than a necessity.

Listening to all the above and some having to improvise to get the correct balance/ shoot etc, I cannot understand the need for the butt mounted pouch??? It looks cool, yes.... but too me seems more of a gimmick than a necessity.

I find it most useful for cold weather hunting, when you're bundled up pretty good and want a few extra cartridges within easy reach (not an African scenario, for sure, but common elsewhere).

I find it most useful for cold weather hunting, when you're bundled up pretty good and want a few extra cartridges within easy reach (not an African scenario, for sure, but common elsewhere).
AHHHH... that makes sense to me... thanks for that. I have never had the fortune to hunt such a cold climate before, hence my ignorance.

Very nice. Congratulations on producing sone a fine product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,