Kidney Stones Suck

7D9361CD-E384-4CD6-BD87-F36D4890C737.jpeg
After the doctor removed the stint here is what came out into a strainer! That’s a baby aspirin for reference! There were more but this was what he lasered the two 12mm and the smaller one into!

View attachment 356560After the doctor removed the stint here is what came out into a strainer! That’s a baby aspirin for reference! There were more but this was what he lasered the two 12mm and the smaller one into!

What the !!!!!! :eek:

What the hell did you do in your previous life to deserve those ????

Your poor fella, all can say is take care, and give you well wishes to not get them again.

Regards

Rob

My doctors , Kavorkian & Mengele, have advised me for years that drinking beer..... and lots of it..... will make sure that the stones never form.

A doctor told a friend of mine that had them to drink 2 beer a day, he did and never had them again.

I got my first kidney stone back in 1985 when I was seventeen. Over the past 35 years I've had five confirmed kidney stones. I've had three procedures. The last one was in the spring of 2013. They are truly awful, but they also helped to save my life. In the spring of 2012 I had a stone and the CT scan showed that I had a mass on my left kidney. The following spring showed that the mass was still there. No indications that it was cancerous, but it didn't belong there. So I had a "partial" nephrectomy in July of 13 and had the mass removed. It might have been a "partial" but they cut me open to get to that mass (six weeks for full recovery from that "partial" surgery) - which turned out to have cancer cells in it. It appears they got to it early. It was fully encapsulated and it hadn't spread and as of 2020 it hasn't returned. So those little monsters saved my life. How often does one get imagery made of one's kidneys? I wouldn't wish stones on (almost) anyone, but they helped me. Crazy world we live in.

And I’m fighting one now....

Beaming good thoughts your way Slam!

Thanks. Nothing is working right now!

I get these things every couple of years. Last major attack was just before boarding Delta 201 from JNB to ATL in 2018. Thank the Lord for strong pain meds and a fellow AH Member @Shootist43 who them. Ended up having the same procedure as you Twice to get out two 12mm and a 6mm. I guess it’s better than getting your side cut open to get them out! Oh by the way just wait until they go back in to take out the stint......your awake for that fun moment! Best wishes and drink lots of water!

I'm 33 and have had 6 stones. They are not all dietary related, and sadly I will have many more.
The last 4 (11mm-12mm) were lazer removal with that damn stint in for a week. I elected to pull each out myself at home. Talk about psyching yourself up to pretty much use a pull start.

And ttundra—that is awful—sorry and prayers for you!!!

I'm 33 and have had 6 stones. They are not all dietary related, and sadly I will have many more.
The last 4 (11mm-12mm) were lazer removal with that damn stint in for a week. I elected to pull each out myself at home. Talk about psyching yourself up to pretty much use a pull start.

G'day TTundra here's wishing you success, I really hope they come out painless themselves.

I am a bit naive sometimes, so please excuse me asking, but how do you pull them out yourself, it scares me silly thinking about it, or are you flushing them out patiently ?

Take Care

Regards
Rob

G'day TTundra here's wishing you success, I really hope they come out painless themselves.

I am a bit naive sometimes, so please excuse me asking, but how do you pull them out yourself, it scares me silly thinking about it, or are you flushing them out patiently ?

Take Care

Regards
Rob

Hey Rob. The "pull start" refers to the stint that's left in after the removal. A bit graphic, but you have about 12" of rubber tubing tied to maybe another 18" of what I would compare to fishing braid. That is left in your ureter tract so swelling doesnt compress and prevent urination. The end of the braid is taped down to your private region.
After 7 or so days, you can go back to the doctor to have the stint pulled out...or you can do it yourself. That's where you need to prepare mentally to use what I personally call a pull start motion, albeit very slow (and a 100x less force), to remove that stint.

Hey Rob. The "pull start" refers to the stint that's left in after the removal. A bit graphic, but you have about 12" of rubber tubing tied to maybe another 18" of what I would compare to fishing braid. That is left in your ureter tract so swelling doesnt compress and prevent urination. The end of the braid is taped down to your private region.
After 7 or so days, you can go back to the doctor to have the stint pulled out...or you can do it yourself. That's where you need to prepare mentally to use what I personally call a pull start motion, albeit very slow (and a 100x less force), to remove that stint.

Oh, god, that sounds like a torture test in a sadistic horror movie, mate, I couldn't imagine the terrible pain you will have when you retrieve the tubing. :(:eek:

Here I was screaming in pain with just a tiny stone, I am going to have nightmares.

Do take care and I really hope they will issue you morphine.

Regards

Rob

I've never had one, my wife forces me to drink gallons of water, kind her by the sound of it. But last week I spent three days in hospital from vestibular neuritis, read an inner ear viral infection. Brings on an instant case of extreme sea sickness, horrible. Happened at the gun range and all my buddies could say was 'if you were shot at least we would know what to do.'
Moral of the story guys is we need to look after our health better, eat the damn greens, that kind of stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.