Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, HFMA, and a Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
Hunted
South Africa, Texas, Alaska - hey, they count. Trust me!
It's been a dozen years since I had my last kidney stone. 11mm...and a trip to Lithotripsy to take care of that one.

This time it's a measly little 7mm stone...broken up with a laser...

Now, I'll let you fine gents work out exactly how they got said laser into me to bust up the stone. Needless to say that while I'm 2 days on the other side of this thing I'm not in my finest of spirits. (y)

Ah, but let us hear it for the joy when the doc told me I have two more...another 11mm and 7mm hanging on the other kidney. :eek:

Yeah, it's gonna be a bourbon night. :A Surrender:

I know the pain.....and OHHH...the pain.

My first, way back when, was only 2 or 3 mm. A couple or so decades later, my second stone was around 4-5 mm, two to three weeks after the second one I had a third one something around 11-12 mm. I was a celebrity for a couple of hours at the hospital ER, nurses and other doctors wanted to see the biggest kidney stone ever encountered at the hospital.

It took four days to pass, ting goes the stone into the catch bottle, ...OHHH....OOOO...AHHH...What a relief it was to finally (fully) drain my kidneys.

Had it not passed, the next day I was scheduled for the sonic or laser treatment to bust the stone.

Hope your stones can be dissolved and pass without notice.

While I have never had the pleasure of having one I have had friends who did and from what I saw them go through I want nothing to do with them

A little something to cheer you up.

Last edited:
I've never been afflicted, but have 3 employees who have. The most recent, a guy who was drinking something like 6-12 cans of Mt. Dew each day. They've been bothering him for a week and a half. Finally went to the doctor, and has passed EIGHT stones in there last couple days.

Kidney Stones are the ONE thing that puts men on par with women.

“Oh YEAH? You GIVE BIRTH!”

“Kidney stone”

“I’m sorry, would you like my seat, please?”

Yeah, it’s like that.

drink lots of water brother!! that is the one big thing that helps (in the big picture) kidney stones hurt more than childbirth according to all the women that i took into the emergency room that had them (EMT in my previous life).

Water and cranberry juice!! Gotta hydrate guys. I had a stone in my salivary duct some years ago, not painful so much as annoying. Doc took it out. Don't remember the size but it was probably about 4mm, rock shaped thing. My brother passed a stone a few years ago, didn't sound like much fun. There is an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer had one. Super funny episode.

It's been a dozen years since I had my last kidney stone. 11mm...and a trip to Lithotripsy to take care of that one.

Now, I'll let you fine gents work out exactly how they got said laser into me to bust up the stone. Needless to say that while I'm 2 days on the other side of this thing I'm not in my finest of spirits. (y)

Ah, but let us hear it for the joy when the doc told me I have two more...another 11mm and 7mm hanging on the other kidney. :eek:

@ rnovi
In Australia we have a saying if something is hard to do or causes pain. We say that it's just like shitting bricks. Pissing stones puts a new spin on our saying.
Hope you get well soon mate. Bourbon doesn't help the stones but doesn't hurt them. Drink and enjoy.
Bob

rnovi, best of luck and hang in there!

I know the pain.....and OHHH...the pain.

My first, way back when, was only 2 or 3 mm. A couple or so decades later, my second stone was around 4-5 mm, two to three weeks after the second one I had a third one something around 11-12 mm. I was a celebrity for a couple of hours at the hospital ER, nurses and other doctors wanted to see the biggest kidney stone ever encountered at the hospital.

It took four days to pass, ting goes the stone into the catch bottle, ...OHHH....OOOO...AHHH...What a relief it was to finally (fully) drain my kidneys.

Had it not passed, the next day I was scheduled for the sonic or laser treatment to bust the stone.

Hope your stones can be dissolved and pass without notice.
Holy Christ! - You passed an 11-12mm stone!?! How does that even work? Never mind., The more I think about it, the less I want to know. :(

A miserable experience from what I've seen and heard.

I drink a half gallon of Cranberry juice weekly. My big crutch is my addiction to Monster Energy drinks, which I drink by the truckload.

I'm just waiting for a Kidney stone the size of a Golf ball to show up. Shooting stones out the garden hose like buckshot.

I was lucky only was in the emergency department of the hospital overnight, screamed like a baby, and howled like a monkey, and lots of 'F-F-F-FFFFFFFFFFFFF' related words. I kept everyone up that night. The nurses asked me politely to keep my language down, but to know effect. I recall there being no position that was even a bit comfortable on the bed. Most of the time I was sitting up on my shoulders and feet, my middle torso thrust in the air, like a psychopath in a straight jacket. The tablets which were supposed to be pain killers turned out to be placebos, as in the early hours of the morning the nurses finally decided to shut down my swearing by giving me some morphine, which worked thank god.

Well, as for the most embarrassing part of it, a male nurse came to give me some pain killers during the early stages of my visit. He said that the tablets would need to go in my rectum, and even though I was in terrible pain, I shouted out, 'I am not gay', and he responded, 'Neither am I'! :eek::ROFLMAO:

The pain won out on this one, but the tablets didn't work one bit. :(

In the middle of the day, they released me to go home, as the morphine had taken care of the pain, and of course, the x-rays revealed that I will have problems in the future, as I have scaling high up in the right kidney :(

Shot a tiny stone out when I got home, it made a hell of a 'Ting' when it hit the pain.

I still get kidney pain now and then, but force drinking a heap of water usually resolves the issue after a few hours.

Here's wishing everyone with Kidney issues all the best, and stay away from anything high in citric acid, like lemons, or uric acid (eg: kidneys liver etcetera). Smoked Kippers also bring em on too.

Regards
Rob

Sorry to hear that, forget about water, beer hydrates you and is good for pain relief (y)

I get these things every couple of years. Last major attack was just before boarding Delta 201 from JNB to ATL in 2018. Thank the Lord for strong pain meds and a fellow AH Member @Shootist43 who them. Ended up having the same procedure as you Twice to get out two 12mm and a 6mm. I guess it’s better than getting your side cut open to get them out! Oh by the way just wait until they go back in to take out the stint......your awake for that fun moment! Best wishes and drink lots of water!

They are no fun at all. My first one my wife was speeding on the way to the ER. Got pulled over by a cop. He took one look at me and told her to get me to the ER, but to keep to the speed limit. Thank the good Lord for good pain meds...... Those suckers HURT. I've had 2 and would just as soon not go through that again....
Bruce

Holy Christ! - You passed an 11-12mm stone!?! How does that even work? Never mind., The more I think about it, the less I want to know. :(

Very, Very, Very, Very Painfully.
:E Crying::E Crying::E Nail Biter::E Nail Biter::E Horrified::E Dozing Off:

I'll spare the, "....try this...if this doesn't work, then..... treatment details. Enough of the stone dissolved so it could pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg