Kenya: Convicted Ivory Traffickers Fined Sh13 Million or Serve 10 Years in Prison

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

Convicted ivory trafficker Ibrahim Samson Ali has been fined Sh13 million over nine pieces of elephant tusks he was found with three years ago.

Mr Ali was fined Sh10 million for the first offence of dealing in wildlife trophies of an endangered species and another Sh3 million for being in possession of a specified tusk without a permit or lawful exemption.

“In default, the suspect is to serve seven and three years for the two counts respectively,” said Mombasa Chief Magistrate Edna Nyaloti.

Mr Ali was charged alongside Japheth Bakari Mbuguni with trafficking nine pieces of elephant tusks worth Sh650,000. He had told the court that he was a Moi University student at the time he was arrested with the ivory hidden in a sack full of maize.

The two were found guilty of the offences that they committed on May 16, 2019 at Daba hotel in Mombasa.

Screenshot_9.jpg

how much is that 20-30 dollars ?

DSCN1867 (2).JPG
DSCN1868 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
0FDA2066-B1CE-496B-A5A7-B31F633336C8.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois