AH enthusiast
Reaction score
{where Rooster Cogburn lost his eye in True Grit}
Media
Member of
Endowment Member NRA DSC
Hunted
United States, Canada
I have relatives and friends in SE Kansas that have seen this buck on camera. My cousin found his right shed 2 years ago. A friend found both sheds last year. He had them mounted. I thought he was big enough to be too smart and hunter savvy to be taken. There are some areas that can’t be hunted and he was not seen during the season until yesterday.

Green gross score is 220 I am told. Not a record, but a massive buck.Taken by the 25 year old daughter of a friend of mine. I was told she took him with her brother’s .243 Winchester.
I told my cousin she might as well give up deer hunting now. He wanted me to text her dad and tell him she had the best rack I have ever seen. I declined.
Yes, it is private land. The family that took this deer are row crop farmers and not ranchers. Not a fence on that place at all.

My cousin said there was no need for him to hunt with that one gone. I am sure he spread his seed.

That is a 16 oz bottle for scale in the second picture.

02C7AB01-0209-44A0-9C8B-217790A0F0CB.jpeg
8962A386-84FA-459F-B653-396D5DC81A49.jpeg

Most places in this country you would have to go behind a fence to see such a deer - and he would have a tricked out rack. What a magnificent animal.

Well congrats!! Good job taking that one. What stands out to me is the overall mass. Impressive!

I have relatives and friends in SE Kansas that have seen this buck on camera. My cousin found his right shed 2 years ago. A friend found both sheds last year. He had them mounted. I thought he was big enough to be too smart and hunter savvy to be taken. There are some areas that can’t be hunted and he was not seen during the season until yesterday.

Green gross score is 220 I am told. Not a record, but a massive buck.Taken by the 25 year old daughter of a friend of mine. I was told she took him with her brother’s .243 Winchester.
I told my cousin she might as well give up deer hunting now. He wanted me to text her dad and tell him she had the best rack I have ever seen. I declined.
Yes, it is private land. The family that took this deer are row crop farmers and not ranchers. Not a fence on that place at all.

My cousin said there was no need for him to hunt with that one gone. I am sure he spread his seed.

That is a 16 oz bottle for scale in the second picture.

View attachment 505333View attachment 505336

Fantastic mass. Can I ask which county it was shot in?

While not a World Record, it is certainly a record book buck. I think WT typical start at 170 for B&C. It is stunning. Looks almost unreal. I've hunted deer for 60 years but have never got my hands on a rack like that.......with so many fake and photoshopped pics on social media, it's nice to see a real one sent here by an AH member. Thanks for posting..............FWB

What a magnificent animal! Good for the hunter. What a rush that must have been. She is truly blessed to have taken a trophy like that so young, not least because she can turn her focus to the experience of hunting, and not bother about inches of bone. She's already got that covered!

Wow, what a magnificent buck! Wait until @Bob Nelson 35Whelen reads that it was shot with a 243. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bet there are some bucks with broken off horns in the neighborhood that are glad to see him gone.

Wow, what a great buck!

Wow, looks like baseball bats attached to his head!! Awesome!! And with a .243? Lol can't wait to read what bob says
@RMC
Bob says congratulations to the young girl on such an impressive animal.
I just hope she doesn't get dissolutions of how good the 243 is and moves on to bigger and better calibers that are more appropriate and less likely to fail on the not so ideal shots.
Once again well done.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg