Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
On June 25th SLG hosted a small group of us at his home or rather his private shooting range. In attendance was CAustin, Art Lambart II and his son Trip, SLG, and Shootist43. Charlie got to shoot his 470 NE Double and 416 Ruger off sticks Art Lambart II shot Charlie's 470 NE and SLG's R8 in 308 and one of my Swedes with a new load that I've worked up for it. Trip shot a full-sized Swede for the first time, a 22 Gallery gun and a 22 High Standard Victor offhand. Opa (me) was very happy with his shooting both offhand and off sticks. Trip also shot the R8. SLG got to shoot Charlie's 470 NE & 416 Ruger, both of my 404 Jeffery(s) BTW he preferred the Winchester converted by Randy Selby over the CZ. He also shot the "Grandkid's Swede" which he liked a lot. I fired SLG's R8 in 308 Winchester. Art Lambart II and SLG spent some time shooting concealed carry guns. We had a great time in spite of the 95-degree weather. I for one am looking forward to doing this again. Thanks, SLG for a great afternoon.

As a side note SLG's wife is a shooter as well. She knew a number of my Bullseye and Action Shooting friends. It truthfully is a small world.

Sounds like a good time. Our schedule is still a little hectic but will be getting better in 3 weeks or so. I will try to pick a cool afternoon and have a little get together just south of St. Joe for anyone interested.

Yes, it was a good day at the range. My son Trip is almost 12 so I asked SLG if he would introduce him to pistol shooting. SLG is a highly accomplished pistol and rifle shooter, and a very good teacher, if you ever get the chance to shot with SLG do it, you'll leave the range a better shooter. My son had never fired a pistol in his life but in a very short time he was shooting a 3" group at 7 yards in a very safe and controlled manner. Trip also got to shot SLG’s R8 right after his Opa (Shootist43), they both used the same shooting sticks at the same distance. I’ll just say that my father has revoked Trips shooting stick privilege’s for our annual family air rifle match and let you guess who had the tighter group.

Sorry I missed this thread! It was great having all you guys over to shoot and hash things out and I look forward to the next time. I always meet good people through shooting, pretty much without exception. Shooters might be cranky online sometimes (certainly I can be, lol), but in person, we all love to shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross