Dr Ray

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
I see CNN has an article on various shoe etc buyers phasing out of roo products.
First of all professional shooters are not firing to wound or to waste ammo,
Usually they use 223 cartridges.
I’ve shot for professional shooters as d these shooters rarely miss their target.
Licensing requires head shots and if wounded then the professional must heart shoot.
Seems that some expert has the idea that the professional shooters like to mutilate etc.
Question: where did they get that idea?
Have they ever been observing the professional shooters in action?
Or more likely make it up to suit their preconceived idea//s.
Kangaroo skin is very thin but incredibly flexible and strong. The market is really for the meat which is extremely lean and a great protein source.
Unfortunately the big market for kangaroo meat was Russia. Don’t think I need to go further there.
How did these experts come up with the “fact” that kangaroos are being wiped out?
There are roughly 50 million kangaroos.
Australia seems to have either drought or flood and in drought Roos stop breeding and many starve to death.

But the “experts” would rather see kangaroos starve to death and be of no benefit to anyone.
One American expert woman on tv saw that we skinned a Joey to sell skin.
How stupid was that ??
In fact the Joey was hit by a car and the vet contradicted the woman.
First of all skins must be a certain size and a Joey does not meet the minimum size!
Australia has really only two states that have professional kangaroo shooting and it’s very strictly controlled.
The quotas are very strict and enforced.
It’s estimated that 4% of the roo population is harvested and kangaroos in good seasons breed up rapidly.

Anti's just fabricating BS again. Sad.

But left wing media here and in other countries just love to “carry on” about the kangaroo industry

It's just another industry. It makes commercial sense on many levels as graziers would apply for culling permits without professional harvesting.

But left wing media here and in other countries just love to “carry on” about the kangaroo industry

They are all just pets to those people. Clueless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!