Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Just saw a video posted by Kanati Elite Taxidermy from Myerstown, PA. They're doing replica lion mounts now. Super impressed by the video. They will have these on display at DSC.

Kanati will be doing the taxidermy for my recent hunt in Zim- might need to add one of these replica lions to the bill- we hunted lion back in 2016, when the ban was in place.

Wow, thanks for posting !

That looks better than a LOT of the real Lion mounts I have seen, be great to have a wall mount to match a rug maybe ?

I will get my order in for my Ounce & Clouded Leopard !

They also do polar bear repro mounts. They do quality taxidermy and I like seeing their displays at the shows.

Interesting, maybe I,ll contact them for my upcoming lion hunt. If they ship to Europe for a reasonable price..

They have been doing the majority of my work for quite a while now.

Just saw this mount at DSC. It is stunning. But the three huge polar bear replicas they had, may have been the most impressive mounts I saw. Absolutely amazing work!

I'll echo what everyone else has said, lion is quite impressive in person. Their rhino replicas may be the most impressive however!!

Definitely impressive! I probably spent more time looking at their replica mounts than any other non gun related booth at the show. Never asked about pricing, but it's probably a case of, if you have to ask....

Those "mounts" were unbelievable. Never would have guessed that could have been done.

Definitely impressive! I probably spent more time looking at their replica mounts than any other non gun related booth at the show. Never asked about pricing, but it's probably a case of, if you have to ask....
I did ask out of curiosity, and you are correct. Approximately 3x a real mount. But if you consider they are doing it all from scratch maybe makes sense.

I did ask out of curiosity, and you are correct. Approximately 3x a real mount. But if you consider they are doing it all from scratch maybe makes sense.
Someone mentioned (can't find it now) that a full body mount runs up to $22,000, shoulder mounts around $12,000. I think I'm correct on that.

Someone mentioned (can't find it now) that a full body mount runs up to $22,000, shoulder mounts around $12,000. I think I'm correct on that.

$9800 Shoulder
$22,000 full body

I believe at that price, if I forgot what my lion looked like, I’d fly back over and shoot another one!

20220107_130623.jpg

I was very impressed by the replicas in person. Honestly, looked better than many of the real mounts out there. Kanati clearly know what they are doing with the african cats, whether replica or real.

They're handling my leopard once I get it back to the USA.

I also was very impressed with their replica mounts at DSC this year. That polar bear trio was insane and you could see it from way down the aisle or even several aisles over. Was it also their display of the 3 or 4 Cape buffalo on the pedestal? That was an outrageous mount. Beautiful.

I was very impressed by the replicas in person. Honestly, looked better than many of the real mounts out there. Kanati clearly know what they are doing with the african cats, whether replica or real.

They're handling my leopard once I get it back to the USA.
They did my leopard, you will be extremely happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!