Kamchatka brown bear hunt

Zach Lape

AH member
Reaction score
Hello everyone this is my first post and i dont know if this is the right spot or not so sorry in advance haha. Im looking into the future for a kamchatka brown bear hunt. I have been in contact with a couple outfitter and one that stuck out to me was euroasia outfitters. Does anyone have any experience with them i tried to use the search and didnt find anything. Any info on any outfitters would be much appreciated good or bad

Could have told you a lot in a few weeks but our hunt through Profihunt has been rescheduled to next year. I will say, after getting itineraries, getting there seems to be half the adventure.

I was looking at them but was actually more interested in saving a few thousand and going for Siberian brown bear and taking a slightly smaller bear

Well any Bear will be better than no Bear hunt.

Nothing wrong with saving a few grand.

You should look into The Hunting Consortium and Links Wild Safaris to book a hunt like this. It can be a disaster trying to save a few bucks on a Russian winter hunt.
Philip

Reactions: WAB
Rs71 who did you go with? This trip had been pushed back because i booked a south africa trip but always looking forward to more hunting

If you do go, spend a lot of time educating yourself on how to judge bears. Some real bruisers come out of there, but many of the pics I see look like 8 to 9 foot bear. I have to assume that the outfitters are giving the green light to harvest them. You can do better than that in Alaska for a lot less hassle and money.

If you do go, spend a lot of time educating yourself on how to judge bears. Some real bruisers come out of there, but many of the pics I see look like 8 to 9 foot bear. I have to assume that the outfitters are giving the green light to harvest them. You can do better than that in Alaska for a lot less hassle and money.
+1
I too look at a lot of pics of the Kamchatka bears and have to agree. Most look like 8-9 ft bears- even some of the older looking bears. But the experience would likely be one to remember- now pour the vodka!

My friend went to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky for a bear, and took a bear with a skin length of 292 cm. Transfer to the place on the MTLB crawler conveyor, first by sea, then by river and bays. He himself is a professional hunter, and his safari was by acquaintance, apparently. But if necessary, he may be able to recommend the right option.

Thats probably around the average size of brown bears harvested in Alaska as well. I doubt there are many Alaskan outfitters whose average harvested bear is a 10 footer. Unless they take like 2 hunters a year or something. As for price, a Kamchatka brown bear hunt is about 1/2 of an Alaskan brown bear hunt. So I am not sure how you could do better in Alaska for a lot less money....

If you look at this article https://alaska-bearhunting.com/kodiak-bear/ the average size of an Alaskan brown bear is 8.5'. And this particular outfitter aims to harvest bears that are 9' or better. Probably though if you are late in your hunt most Alaskan outfitters would greenlight you taking a 8-8.5' bear too...

Thats probably around the average size of brown bears harvested in Alaska as well. I doubt there are many Alaskan outfitters whose average harvested bear is a 10 footer. Unless they take like 2 hunters a year or something. As for price, a Kamchatka brown bear hunt is about 1/2 of an Alaskan brown bear hunt. So I am not sure how you could do better in Alaska for a lot less money....

If you look at this article https://alaska-bearhunting.com/kodiak-bear/ the average size of an Alaskan brown bear is 8.5'. And this particular outfitter aims to harvest bears that are 9' or better. Probably though if you are late in your hunt most Alaskan outfitters would greenlight you taking a 8-8.5' bear too...

I wasn’t saying you would shoot a bigger one in AK, just that if you are going to shoot an 8 to 9 foot bear why bother going all the way to Kamchatka. As to cost, I probably should not have commented as my brown bear hunts all cost $25 for a tag and gas for the boat.

I'd be interested to know what a Kamchatka hunt costs, total. I have no desire to go - I can hunt bears here at home. But it has gotten really expensive here, so it'd be interesting to see Alaska versus Kamchatka. I do know this: hunting Africa is a lot cheaper for me than it is for a lot of you hunting bears up here.

I'd be interested to know what a Kamchatka hunt costs, total. I have no desire to go - I can hunt bears here at home. But it has gotten really expensive here, so it'd be interesting to see Alaska versus Kamchatka. I do know this: hunting Africa is a lot cheaper for me than it is for a lot of you hunting bears up here.
And on normal years there's a Yakutia Air flight from Anchorage over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg