AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.dksafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, International Professional Hunter's Association, Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa, South Africa Predator Association.
Hunted
Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Argentina, USA.
full

Hunt will be conducted on a SAPA (South African Predator's Association) accredited ranch. Only 8 ranches in South Africa meet the norms and standards of SAPA. Size of the ranch 7157 hectares or 17685 acres with no internal fences. Lodge situated in the middle of hunting block. No long drives every morning and evening to get to and from hunting area and the lodge. Start hunting from the lodge everyday.

3 MALE CATEGORIES TO CHOOSE FROM

Entry Level Male Lion $8000

5 days all included
Lioness can be added to any Male Lion for only $4000

Kalahari Lion Hunt 2019-1.jpg

Heay Weight Male lion $12 000
5 days all included
Lioness can be added to any male lion for only $4000

Kalahari Lion Hunt 2019-2.jpg

Lioness only hunt $5500
5 days all included

Kalahari Lion Hunt 2019-3.jpg

Hunt include:
All accomodations
Food, all drinks (alcoholic
also)
PH, trackers, skinners, camp staff,
Vehicle and fuel
Free wifi.
Pick up/drop off Johannesburg included

Attachments

• Kalahari Lion Hunt 2019.pdf
    40.1 MB · Views: 485
To all members
We have been flooded with enquiries so far.
To all our new (and old) clients thank you for booking with us.
To anybody still thinking about doing a lion hunt.
This deal is the best deal in Africa on lions.
Dates are filling up and permits are limited.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Great deal!

Hi
How many months are the Lions in the 17685 acres concession?
Also, how many Lions are in the concession at the same time ?
Thanks

Hello Rocco
By law the lions only need to be free ranging for 4 days in Northwest Province to make sure they are not drugged. Because we are members of both PHASA (Professional Hunters Association of South Africa) and SAPA (South African Predator's Association) these two organizations decided on a release period of minimum 30 days or longer. We abide by these rules so all the lions we hunt are free roaming for at least 30 days.
These lions start catching game on day 3 or day 4 after their release. I have seen it time and again.
So contrary to what the greenies say these captive bred lions can be rehabilitated into the wild and they do have a conservation value.
The amount of lions on the concession depends on the safari bookings for the following two months.
Sometimes we have 2 to 3 males with about the same number of lionesses on the concession at the same time.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

We have received many questions regarding the lion bones so let me post it here so everybody can see it.
We have already discounted the prices of these lion hunts because we hope to sell the lion bones to the exporters. That is why our lion packages are such a good deal.
So far this year (2018) nobody in South Africa was able to sell or export a single lion bone because of legal battles from the greenies who try to stop it. The South African government has therefore not issued a single permit to sell or export any lion bones. So we are taking all the risk on us by already giving the discount through to our hunting clients with the hope of getting the bones exported later which is proving to be very difficult. CITES have allocated a quota of only 1500 sets of bones to be exported and that quota will expire by December 31, 2018 and cannot be used in 2019. As it looks now our time is running out and we might lose the quota for 2018.
Last year's quota was only 800 and it was completely inadequate as there was many more applications than the quota allowed for.
Clients normally export the skull and skin of a lion.
The skull is not really needed for a full mount so if a client is willing to leave his skull behind we can offer the client a further $350 discount for his skull. That is 50% of what I get for the skull. I am however taking the risk that I may not be able to get the skull exported and it also comes with a truckload of paperwork to the government as well as DNA samples of every lion.
Just thought to clear up the matter as many guys were asking about it.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

One of my best memories, is my first morning in Africa waking up to lions roaring in the background at your place. I remember it like yesterday! Hopefully some AH members will do this hunt so I can live vicariously through them.

Damn glad I got one out in 2015 My wife loves her necklace of floating bones. Is that even possible now? Very attractive pricing. Have a great season

Thank you sir. We've had a great season so far and still busy with safaris right now.
Grateful for that.
If you are from USA, France or Australia you cannot import any part of the lion as a trophy.
Such a pity because stopping the importation does not accomplish anything.
The clients from these countries still hunt lion for the experience of it and take good photos as trophies.
It is also much cheaper that way as you save on taxidermy fees and shipping fees and you do not have to beg your wife for a spot in the house for your full mounted lion :)

Sincerely
Hans

We received a lot of enquiries about which shows we will do and our booth numbers.
We will be attending the SCI Convention in Reno (Booth 2228) dates 9 to 12 January 2019 as well as the Dallas Safari Club Convention (Booth 4248) dates 17 to 20 January 2019.
See you there!
Sincerely
Hans

Just returned from our annual marketing tour in USA.
Getting ready for our first safari starting March 8.
There still are a couple spots available for a safari.
E-mail me for open dates.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

I can vouch for Hans de Klerk anytime.
Good honest guy with sensible prices :) the kind I like :))))

I have a question. How are hunting lions raised? I'm primarily interested in how the cats spend their cubhood as I know that any contact with man during this period can severely affect the hunt

Hello Tigris115
You are absolutely correct.
We only hunt lions with zero human imprinting.
In other words lions that have been raised with minimum human contact.
No tame lions or circus lions may be hunted by law.
The lions are raised in very large enclosures roughly 2 acres to 5 acres with thick brush and cover.
No tourists or people are allowed near the enclosures.
Females raise their own cubs.

Our season has started off with a bang.
4 Hunters from Denmark.
There are still a couple spots available.
Do not miss out on an opportunity to get a lion.
Times are a changing and you may not be able to hunt the King of the Jungle in a few years time.

Great prices. Such a shame we cannot import. Of course the price would be higher but still.. A wonderful trophy for any African hunter.

Hello Johnnyblues.
Yes, such a shame that USA citizens cannot import lion trophies.
I hope there will be a change in regulations in the future for you guys.
If you have a friend in Canada or Mexico we can export the skin to him legally.
You are in the same situation with the polar bears.
They can be hunted legally but you guys cannot import them into USA.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

We still have a couple spots available before the end of the year.
If booked now with a deposit we can transfer the hunt to 2020.
We have had quite a few clients from USA who hunted lion this year even though they could not import it because it is such a good deal and you can take all the photos you want and blow them up for your trophy room. The experience stay the same whether you can import or not.
To our clients from other countries thank you for the hunts this year.
You never know when your country will shut down the importation to your country so do your lion hunt as soon as possible.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
DE KLERK SAFARIS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross