Just returned from 1st Safari

Welcome, planning my first. Reading about yours was great.

Welcome, planning my first. Reading about yours was great.
Thanks,
Have fun planning. I have as many great memories from the months leading up to the hunt as the hunt. Mine was a family affair with my uncle, cousin, and 2 cousin in laws (if that 's the right way to say that??). We got together a couple times a month leading up to the trip to shoot and watched videos. Drove our wives nuts!! It was a blast. Start a journal now if you haven't, I still get mine out and re-read it ever so often.
One of the guys from my first trip and I have already booked our second trip for Namibia in June 2019. It will become an addiction. The planning for us is starting all over again. Great times.

Congrats on some beautiful trophies. Thanks for sharing.

I just returned last week from my 1st Safari. A plains game hunt with Kuche Safaris in Limpopo District S.A. It was something I had dreamed about, read about, and studied for 25 years. The actual trip surpassed all expectations. I know now I'll be an addict from now on. Already planning my next trip.
Welcome!

WOW! Your Kudu is amazing, but not the only amazing trophy! ALL your animals look awesome! You must have been SO pumped!!! Congrats!!

WOW! Your Kudu is amazing, but not the only amazing trophy! ALL your animals look awesome! You must have been SO pumped!!! Congrats!!
Yeah it was a great trip and a great introduction to Africa. Cannot wait to get back over there.

I hear you there! I used Huntershill in the East Cape and was blown away! I'd recommend them anytime! Let us know how your mounts turned out when you get them.

I hear you there! I used Huntershill in the East Cape and was blown away! I'd recommend them anytime! Let us know how your mounts turned out when you get them.
You bet I’ll post some pics when they get here

It has been a perfect storm of delays, but we got the email this morning that our stuff had cleared customs and left LAX this morning and landed at DFW. My understanding is it just needs USDA inspection and we'll be able to pick it up. I'm hoping next week, we are just a couple of weeks from it being 2 years since our hunt and I can't wait to get my animals in the house.

Don't forget the lovely:confused: folks at Customs and Fish Wildlife!:rolleyes:o_O

Don't forget the lovely:confused: folks at Customs and Fish Wildlife!:rolleyes:o_O
My uncle is getting most of the email communication but I think they cleared customs at LAX?? Not sure about Fish and Wildlife

If you are self clearing, they are involved in a personal way. If using a broker, they do it for you.

Cant wait to see the pics!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg