Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC - Lifetime Member, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, US (TX, NM, SD), Botswana
I'm sitting here going through my lists and thinking I must love to make things hard. In June I broke my ankle/leg and then we just sold our house, all just before my trip to Africa! Good news is my leg is 85-90%, I'm a little slow and can't go as far as normal, but I'm very mobile and shouldn't have issues hunting. Now I get to pack my bag for Africa while I'm packing my house up! We close on the sale the day after we get back so we need to be 100% out of the house before we leave (we are living with my In-laws while we build).

I'm beyond excited and super ready! This is going to be so much fun and such a needed break from crazy town!!

Well life will be a bit complicated there for awhile, but I'm sure it'll work out. We need details on your trip.....where/what for?

Limcroma, in Limpopo for 10 days. The "for what" has become, what Africa gives me since I have the whole leg thing (I realize I can't climb up and down mountains all day for days on end). Impala, Gemsbock, and Kudu are on the list. I'd like a warthog, maybe a zebra and from all the talk on here I think I'm going to see if I can do a day of wing shooting. But really I'm going to go with a budget and enjoy it! Only way it would be a "bad" trip is if I didn't get anything!!

I'll put up a report when I get back for sure!

Limcroma, in Limpopo for 10 days. The "for what" has become, what Africa gives me since I have the whole leg thing (I realize I can't climb up and down mountains all day for days on end). Impala, Gemsbock, and Kudu are on the list. I'd like a warthog, maybe a zebra and from all the talk on here I think I'm going to see if I can do a day of wing shooting. But really I'm going to go with a budget and enjoy it! Only way it would be a "bad" trip is if I didn't get anything!!

I'll put up a report when I get back for sure!

I think you've got the best attitude possible, look forward to your report!

Best of luck and I look forward to the report!

I agree with Phil you have the correct mind set for success. Is this your first ever safari?

It is, I won it at a DCS chapter event for signing up for a lifetime DCS membership. Glad I did or to be honest it would have been a 'dream' for a long time. this forced the issue for sure!

Wish you the best, I will also be in SA in about three weeks !

I'm flying out on Sept 18th on Qatar Airways (DFW > Doha > JoBerg)

Best of luck! Have a great hunt!

Mike, you're going to have an awesome time! You and the wife will go back once your life settles a little. It sounds like you have a good plan for your leg, house and hunt. Excellent!
Enjoy every minute!

Good luck with your hunt! the rest will all be forgotten once you step foot on African soil!

Good luck and shoot straight

6 days, 8 hours and 7 min to wheels up. :A Outta::A Rock:

Mike, I have a lot more mobility issues than you do. I seriously doubt yours will be a problem. I do have a suggestion though, that is to wear a pair of lace up boots that are 11-12 " tall. The additional support will be more than welcome especially if you wind up having to do a little more walking than you planned on.

Mike, I have a lot more mobility issues than you do. I seriously doubt yours will be a problem. I do have a suggestion though, that is to wear a pair of lace up boots that are 11-12 " tall. The additional support will be more than welcome especially if you wind up having to do a little more walking than you planned on.

Funny you say that, I went about 5-6 weeks ago and bought a pair of Meindl Denali non-insulated boots specifically because they are taller and non-insulated (all my other taller boots were insulated for elk hunting, etc). I've been wearing them to make sure they are broken in and so far so good. I also have compression socks that help out too and I plan to take my standard hiking boots with me so I have a backup pair (they go over the ankle, but not as high up as the Denali boots).

I wear Jobst Compressive Stockings as well. Be sure to let the "staff" know that they are not to be ironed. The high heat will render them useless.

Sitting at DFW waiting for my Qatar flight. Only about 2 hours to wheels up, then 36 hours of travel . At least my wife is with me!

36 hours! Brutal! But I'm sure it will be worth it. At least you've got your "darlin'" with you. Could be 36 hours of lonely by yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you