Just over 100 Days for 1st Africa trip and this ...

Just over 2 weeks to the next checkup and if everything is good I'll be able to walk on it. Then a couple more weeks and I can lose the boot. At the last appt (took out stitches and gave me a boot) the doc said it shouldn't be any problem to go to Africa as scheduled. You can see things are healing well, no pain the last few weeks.

Right leg is the broken one. Not much swelling and the surgery site is healing well. Couple weeks ago I had cankles, now I actually can see definition in my ankle. I have almost full range of motion in my toes, but Dr orders, I'm not supposed to flex my ankle a lot to make sure everything heals tight (and I'm following orders as much as I can!)

Image1499547774.450330.jpg
IMG_3012.JPG

And, for the record, I've emailed Limcroma as well.

Wish you a fast & full recovery! Good luck!

Go slow bro, I know how excited you are to go on your first safari, I know how I felt and still feel today waiting to go on any hunt I have planned, but go when your physically able they way you really enjoy the experience. No reason to push it if you can postpone by a few weeks. Look forward to your report. Best of luck.

Good news! Went to the Doc today, everything is looking great. I'm walking in the medical boot for 2 weeks and then I can move back to a shoe after that. Should be ready to go for Africa. I'll probably avoid climbing any mountains, but hiking around shouldn't be a problem at all! Ankle is healed up nice and tight, the bone is healed up (and where that break is, he said I honestly could get around fine if I didn't have that section of bone... You need the top and bottom of the fibula, but the middle section they often take to rebuild other bones.) I have one more follow up visit about 2 weeks before I leave to check it again and schedule taking the pins out (which I will do after Africa). 57 days, 2 hours, 36 min until Wheels up!

Good news!! Take it slow but steady so your fully ready for your hunt!

glad to hear it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graciehayward01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg