Just joined the Big Bore Club

chashardy

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Just got home with my new John Rigby Big Game 416. It's a rifle I have always wanted and it will be a great complement to my Chapuis 375 H&H double. Haven't shot the Rigby yet, but will be going to the range on Thursday to try it with iron sights, though I've already ordered a Leupold VX-6HD 1-6x24 CDS ZL-2 for it.
I will be heading back to Africa again for my fourth safari in a year or so.
Comparing the Rigby to my Model 70 300 WinMag, it's easy to see the similarities between the Rigby and the Winchester.

Definitely a fine rifle! This will be my next special rifle purchase but not for a couple more years. I plan on a big game and a highland stalker to round out my gun safe.

Thanks. It is a beautiful example of fine gun making. I'll take some pics and post them.

Jealousy abounds for many of us when you talk about Rigbys!

Well done, enjoy!

Thanks. It is a beautiful example of fine gun making. I'll take some pics and post them.
I was just about to say....love to see some pics.
Congrats on the new addition.

Congratulations, need pics!

Not sure I inserted the pic correctly, but if you can see the JPG link, click on it.

DSC_0104.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0104.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross