Just joined the Big Bore Club

chashardy

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Just got home with my new John Rigby Big Game 416. It's a rifle I have always wanted and it will be a great complement to my Chapuis 375 H&H double. Haven't shot the Rigby yet, but will be going to the range on Thursday to try it with iron sights, though I've already ordered a Leupold VX-6HD 1-6x24 CDS ZL-2 for it.
I will be heading back to Africa again for my fourth safari in a year or so.
Comparing the Rigby to my Model 70 300 WinMag, it's easy to see the similarities between the Rigby and the Winchester.

Definitely a fine rifle! This will be my next special rifle purchase but not for a couple more years. I plan on a big game and a highland stalker to round out my gun safe.

Thanks. It is a beautiful example of fine gun making. I'll take some pics and post them.

Jealousy abounds for many of us when you talk about Rigbys!

Well done, enjoy!

Thanks. It is a beautiful example of fine gun making. I'll take some pics and post them.
I was just about to say....love to see some pics.
Congrats on the new addition.

Congratulations, need pics!

Not sure I inserted the pic correctly, but if you can see the JPG link, click on it.

DSC_0104.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0104.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois