Just In.....Kimber Caprivi 458 Lott

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Just picked up this Kimber 458 Lott today. Beautiful wood on this one! Unfired, with only a few safe marks on the stock. Weight is dead on 8lbs 8oz with no scope installed. Shallow V rear three leaf sights and white adjustable front sight, come to point perfectly. Red Decelerator recoil pad of proper proportions. Drilled and tapped for 8-40 scope mount screws.

I loaded up a few rounds of Cutting Edge 450gr solids this evening to check for feed and function, which are perfect. Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow!

20210922_201129.jpg
20210922_201149.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
Nice! Great wood

Frederik

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
Really nice enjoy the rifle let us know how it shoots?

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
She's a looker....

PaulT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
Hunted
Aus. N.Z & Zim.
Very nice Toby.

Inline6

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Just picked up this Kimber 458 Lott today. Beautiful wood on this one! Unfired, with only a few safe marks on the stock. Weight is dead on 8lbs 8oz with no scope installed. Shallow V rear three leaf sights and white adjustable front sight, come to point perfectly. Red Decelerator recoil pad of proper proportions. Drilled and tapped for 8-40 scope mount screws.

I loaded up a few rounds of Cutting Edge 450gr solids this evening to check for feed and function, which are perfect. Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow!

View attachment 426002View attachment 426003
Are you getting pictures ready for the for sale ad?

Beautiful rifle, I am curious to read your report. I'm comfortable with a 416REM also shot a 470NE which I did not feel was much more. I hear the 458Lott earns the last part of her name. A lott of recoil. Knowing how found you are of your 416 model 70. It will be nice to know your comparison thoughts.

michael458

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
That is almost nice enough to be a Winchester!!!!!!! I like.......

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM

So smooth!

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
Damn, that's a fine looking rifle. That coming with us next year??

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Congrats on the beautiful new add!

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Patience. Someone here is going to get a great opportunity on a fine rifle. :cool:

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

How long before you put this one up for sale or are you bringing it on our group hunt next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cexen52536

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use [redacted] friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?