Just bought an African Lion Male Large Mane Rug

anthony berardini

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought an amazing specimen African Lion Male Lion Rug with large mane. This lion was shipped from african where my business partners father killed it in 1976 he had it done at Jonas Brothers In NY. I wanted it since I was a teenager and he finally offered it up for 1500$ I have been told these old rugs were done with arsenic, my main concern is health for my pets and I are my dogs and I save to lay on or near these types of old taxidermy and how can I keep the rug in the amazing condition it is in. Also he is looking to sell more of his trophy's primarily a Moose head 65-70 inches, caribou and possible a 10 foot brown bear standing upright. Any information is greatly appreciated guys. Thanks

Anthony you should private mail Denis at Artistry of Wildlife Taxidermy! I'm sure he can advise you.

Shard a picture of the rug when you can

You could mount it to the wall or off the ground level

Hello, I just bought an amazing specimen African Lion Male Lion Rug with large mane. This lion was shipped from african where my business partners father killed it in 1976 he had it done at Jonas Brothers In NY. I wanted it since I was a teenager and he finally offered it up for 1500$ I have been told these old rugs were done with arsenic, my main concern is health for my pets and I are my dogs and I save to lay on or near these types of old taxidermy and how can I keep the rug in the amazing condition it is in. Also he is looking to sell more of his trophy's primarily a Moose head 65-70 inches, caribou and possible a 10 foot brown bear standing upright. Any information is greatly appreciated guys. Thanks

PICTURES?????

I agree with the pictures!!!!! Number one!
But I am concerned with the grammar in you post.
For being 28. You should be able to communicate better in a situation like this in English.
I would be concerned about the part of my family that are on four legs also. But isn't what you said.

I agree with the pictures!!!!! Number one!
But I am concerned with the grammar in you post.
For being 28. You should be able to communicate better in a situation like this in English.
I would be concerned about the part of my family that are on four legs also. But isn't what you said.

Fat fingers typing quickly and auto correct spelling programs often leave the impression that one doesn't understand basic grammar on this forum......myself included. We all make those simple mistakes when posting quickly.
You might want to check your own post for errors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BelleTjalk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you