Just Bought a Sako Brown Bear XL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much. I'll be sticking with a 600 Grain Woodleigh going 2130 fps........give or take a few fps or course. That will generate around 6050 ft lbs of energy.......which should be plenty for anything on this Earth.

Congrats on your new rifle! I have a 500 Jeffery also and read the real guns articles before I bought mine five years ago. Those loads are stout! I'm not saying they're too hot, but oh my a tad of recoil. I would start with some nice light 535g Woodleighs. Geoff at Woodleigh can give you load data. I hear the Sakos are really nice. Congrats again.

Sounds like a plan, and please post some pics of your new rifle when it comes in :)

I Picked up my Sako today, I will be posting a preliminary review in this section of the forum soon. It points very naturally for me, the recoil pad has very little give to speak of, that will be rectified. It's also a tad light but again, I plan on adding weight to the stock. If I can add a pound and a half or so I'll be happy. The quality appears to be excellent as expected. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday!

Just started a new thread about this rifle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg