Just a guy that is meant to be in the Africa Bush

Vick

Reaction score
Media
Member of
South African Bow Hunters Association
Hi, I'm born and bred in South Africa. Only really started hunting in 2010 with my compound bow. Bow hunting is all I do and can't wait to spend time in the bush.
Also head-up the South African Bow Hunters Association.
Been part of a few forums in the passed and it seems like social media is killing forums. Seems like this one is still going strong though.
Great to be part of it

Hello and welcome aboard!

Welcome!

Welcome to AH.
AH will be going strong and keep going strong. Join in and share some of your adventures.

Welcome to AH Vick! I think that you will enjoy your time here. Looking forward to your contribution.

Vick, glad to have you here! Looking forward to reading your posts since you live in SA!

Hi Vick, welcome to AH !

Hi Vick! What bow do you hunt with? Where and what do you hunt?
Nkawu, I first got myself a Mathews Switchback in 2006. Totally green in the bow arena at the time, I made a big mistake, the max DL of the bow was only 30 inches which was to short for me. However I managed shooting it. For 4 years I just fooled around but in 2010 I start shooting competitions and hunt. I were hooked on bow hunting for life when my first shot to an Impala hit the mark. After 8 years I finally got a Bowtech Insanity CPXL which could set to 32" DL, my true DL. Shot it for 4 years. Hunted some more Impala, Blesbuck, Blue Wildebeest and Waterbuck. Got my Provincial and National colours in 3D with it.
2019 I went back to Mathews and settled for the Traverse. What a sweet bow. Already dropped a Blue Wildebeest with it.
Majority of my hunts are in the Limpopo province of South Africa.

Welcome to AH, Vick!

Giday and welcome to the A H forums Vick

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH @Vick! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Welcome to this great forum Vick! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to our forum Vick! Glad to have you......and your hunting stories!

Welcome aboard Vick. I hunted with a Mathews Bow for about 10 years and never had anything but admiration for it. I used a device called a "whisker biscuit" in lieu of an arrow rest But now at almost 76 I have to use a cross bow. But I still enjoy my time in the woods (bush) during archery season. Do you have any hunts coming up in the near future?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg