Joined the club...

I'm not sure what is so different about shooting a SxS compared to an OU. The front bead is merely a reference point and I find the forend (beavertail or narrow) and grip (straight or pistol) to have more effect.

I'm not sure what is so different about shooting a SxS compared to an OU. The front bead is merely a reference point and I find the forend (beavertail or narrow) and grip (straight or pistol) to have more effect.
One focuses on the target not the bead, regardless of the type of gun. However, a shooter doesn’t hold the forend on an English stocked gun - he holds the barrels. That is different. If the SxS has double triggers, that too is different than most OU’s (and why practice with such a gun is such a good exercise for a similarly equipped double rifle). I assume when you say the grip has “more effect” you mean the difference between a straight, pistol, and Prince of Whales require more effort to differentiate in use? That has not been the case in my experience, but I will agree it could be.

Last edited:
DSC_0833A.jpg
DSC_0835A.jpg

Above are a few shotguns, 3 SxS and 1 OU. The stock designs on the SxSs allow for much more difference than with the trim forend of the OU. Shooting the OU is much more like shooting the splinter forend SxS than the beavertail forend SxS is to the splinter forend SxS.

Ray,
The actions on your SxS guns sure look like my Parkers. ??

... If you haven’t read “Spanish Best” by Terry Wieland it’s a nice read on gun making and makers.

I bought it from Amazon and just finished it last night. Very interesting read on the history of various manufacturers.

If I keep having fun I might actually keep shooting clays after Africa. Just what I need, another addiction. :LOL:

I shot for another two hours with the trainer and a couple of hundred more clays. It is really fun.

Decided to buy a sporting clays gun to use after I get back from Africa. You guys are a bad influence. ;)

Left handed, adjustable comb, comes with a set of 8 chokes.

mhxXqyYl.jpg

Attachments

• mhxXqyYl.jpg
    mhxXqyYl.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 94

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,