Johnny Blues safari taxidermy progress

Man......I don’t know what to say. Love it!

id love to have him here in my home next to my blue.

The black wildebeest is beautiful!

His eyes are unbelievable.

I can’t wait to see what Erik has in store for my buffalo and waterbuck.

I think Eric does some of the best work I have ever seen done Hats off to you Eric
Thank you very much. I really appreciate that, I put my heart and soul into everything I do.

it really pisses me off when they look like their standing out in the wild instead of a mount on the wall, LOL!!!

it really pisses me off when they look like their standing out in the wild instead of a mount on the wall, LOL!!!
Heck of a compliment to the taxidermist!

Starting on the base work for the buff and waterbuck. As with everything I do they will be 100% hand crafted in my shop.
Decorative custom Africa, shield, and spears I built out of three different types of wood to get the correct African craftsmanship feel to them.

2DDAA7C6-67D8-49F9-AB5B-C8DB2510696D.jpeg
98FDA1C7-2DD6-41EE-8563-44B01EF3DE7D.jpeg

Mask I ordered and had shipped from RSA

4AE7E63C-66F1-4E78-B374-CF822671ED59.jpeg

Starting to join solid African Mahogany boards together for the buff base. Tongue and groove.

CB13A1B5-635F-4398-B18D-767C65344912.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, Erik is putting an enormous amount of work and details into my trophies. I didn’t ask for the hand made shields, this was a gift and surprise to me. The mask imported from Africa was my idea, but I will let Erik when the time is right explain where we are going with that and what I wanted him to do with that mask. Erik, thank you my brother for everything your doing to make me trophies extra special. Gentlemen I must say so far this has been a remarkable experience dealing with him.

Man those really suck!!!! Sign me up!

Seriously though. Badass I want

Few more updates
The wood for the buffalo base has been jointed and I'm sanding my rear off this is solid African Mahogany. The waterbuck base will be made of the same. Once the initial sanding is complete I will start building the bases.

IMG_4936 - Copy.JPG
IMG_4937.JPG
IMG_4938.JPG

Just for giggles I used a damp cloth to look at the grain a bit more. I hadn't sanded much when I did this but you should get the idea.

IMG_4935 - Copy.JPG

Also, the teeth are in the buffalo and prefitted. I'm not finished with the final sculpting and fit yet but making progress.

IMG_4945.JPG
ELGK5266.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I like those shields that will go on the bases!!!

Man, Erik is putting an enormous amount of work and details into my trophies. I didn’t ask for the hand made shields, this was a gift and surprise to me. The mask imported from Africa was my idea, but I will let Erik when the time is right explain where we are going with that and what I wanted him to do with that mask. Erik, thank you my brother for everything your doing to make me trophies extra special. Gentlemen I must say so far this has been a remarkable experience dealing with him.
maybe two zeros.???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!