JKO HUNTING SAFARIS Hunting Season 2021

@JKO HUNTING SAFARIS Now thats how you start a season bru. Keep up the good guiding and hunting :D Cheers: :D Drunk:

Out and about in Zimbabwe... We took this excellent hippo bull couple of days ago....

IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0124.JPG

Found a big old croc and tried to bait him bit no avail today, will go back and try a different tactic tomorrow.

Unfortunately my hunter had a miss step on a rock and hurt his knee, that is not stopping him though. 75 years old and what a trooper! We wont get to take a buff as he wants to track it but we will get that done next year!

IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG

Will keep the thread updated as we go... Have a hunter starting a bow hunt on buff in South Africa tomorrow, lets keep our thumbs crossed for all our hunters.....

Africa just have the best sunsets.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow JKO, all up to your usual high standard, well done. For the Kariba hunting I presume you are in the Sengwa area?

Wow JKO, all up to your usual high standard, well done. For the Kariba hunting I presume you are in the Sengwa area?

Thank you Kevin. We are hunting in Chete Safari Area so it is a bit west of Sengwa.

What is the status of elephant and buffalo in Chete?

Due to the good rains it is still very green and thick but we have seen a good amount of fresh tracks of dagga boys at springs and crossing roads as well as a lot of elephant activity. If my hunter was able to walk we could have followed dagga boys every day. Their moving in groups from 3 up to 8 bulls at a time. If we were to sit at Chifumbi springs or Kalalungwe spring and wait we will shoot dagga boy but my hunter want to track a buff and not sit and wait for it.

Chete has not been hunted hard for the last couple of years, as always it is not a easy hunt and the terrain is rugged but it is still a magical place.

Big hyena we took early this morning.... Hunter missed a big croc couple of days ago but we will try to get him in the salt today....

IMG_0281.JPG

Our hunter in South Africa are having a great safari so far... Got his beautiful old buffalo with his bow and some extra species on his list so far....

This was a beast of a buff and a old warrior... Hunted on our 55 000acre area in the Freestate...

57331131-ade0-47e9-9d16-4c02995a6ffe.jpg

6a0c2895-52f5-4ab7-a0a6-de108764d053.jpg
e1b05931-8f8a-40c9-998e-8240c68e0075.jpg

Excellent kudu bull and 16” springbuck taken aswell...

33208177-6b6e-4a39-af0f-e613fd744779.jpg

449ed7b4-474a-4793-b97a-f1bd09ecce9d.jpg

Beautiful croc taken in Zimbabwe. We never got another shot at the slightly bigger croc we missed earlier in the week but we are happy with this nice trophy.

IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG

Our hunters from Wyoming having a blast and taking some top quality trophies.....

IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Black Wildebeest, another 47” plus Sable and good warthog taken in our 50 000acre area in South Africa, looked through couple of sable bulls and this one broke all expectations!

IMG_9718.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0736.JPG

WOW that sable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been a while since I have been in the office.... Wanted to add a couple more trophies we have taken the last couple of weeks... I will add some more over the next couple of days!

We have had a great season so far and as you can see trophy quality is number one in our book at JKO Hunting Safaris!

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0785.jpg
IMG_0991.jpg
IMG_1021.jpg
IMG_1052.jpg

Here is some more excellent trophies.....

Kings Wildebeest are not that common and we took this one to complete our hunters wildebeest slam...

IMG_1199.jpg

We always ensure the highest quality in equipment as well... No down time due to old and broken vehicles while out hunting with JKO Hunting Safaris.
IMG_0849.jpg

Some monster common springbuck taken.....

IMG_0868.jpg

Clowns of the plains known as the Black Wildebeest, Black wildebeest hunting usually end up being some long shots but all worth it at the end!

IMG_0901.jpg
IMG_0902.jpg
IMG_0925.jpg
IMG_0948.jpg

Black Springbuck, Copper Springbuck and the White Springbuck was taken in conjunction with the Common Springbuck to complete our friends Springbuck slam.

IMG_1121.jpg

Impala is one of the most common species you will see when hunting in South Africa....

IMG_1213.jpg

Beautiful Zebra hunted with JKO Safaris.
IMG_1225.jpg

Red Lechwe is a introduced specie in South Africa but a lot of hunters love them on first sight, we had a magnificent double taken by brother and sister who hunted with JKO Hunting Safaris in South Africa.
IMG_2061.jpg
IMG_2076.jpg

Our main area does have some of the biggest Common Springbuck in Southern Africa... All due to years of great management and selective hunting. We do our best to make sure we only hunt older past their prime trophy animals.
IMG_2140.jpg

Hunting lion on foot is probably still one of my favorite hunts to do if done correctly and in a large enough area... We have taken some beautiful lion so far this season at JKO Hunting Safaris.

IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_1470.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg